Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overheating problem
I have a 2000 Ford F250 (3 Quarter Ton) That had the Engine rebuilt and the Radiator Flushed.

Normal Driving like going to work and back It does fine, but when you put a load on it (example 16 Foot Trailer empty) It gets hot. No water dissapears from the system and the thermostat has been replaced.

My Guess it is the clutch fan but I wanted to be sure that is what the problem is before I go and buy one.
Clutch fans can be a bit weak.
If it was me i would be looking into a thermo fan for sure.
But it could be possible you have a water pump on its way out however when you got the engine built and flushed it should have been checked and possibly replaced on rebuild.
A clutch fan will not run fast if your at low speed and at high load where a thermo would run well.
This may well be the problem i think. Loading it up and the clutch fan cant spin quick enough because of low speeds.
Get rid of the clutch job and put a thermo in mate.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

I had the same problem like a few months back.
(04-27-2012, 06:15 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Clutch fans can be a bit weak.
If it was me i would be looking into a thermo fan for sure.
But it could be possible you have a water pump on its way out however when you got the engine built and flushed it should have been checked and possibly replaced on rebuild.
A clutch fan will not run fast if your at low speed and at high load where a thermo would run well.
This may well be the problem i think. Loading it up and the clutch fan cant spin quick enough because of low speeds.
Get rid of the clutch job and put a thermo in mate.

Water pump was replaced when the motor was rebuilt. and the Thermostat has been replaced recently. So this leads me to it being the clutch fan.
I wish Ford made a Direct bolt on fan for this motor.
Have you been to a Motor Shop and had them check it out?
Thanks everyone for your Help. Problem was Fixed by replacing the Fan Clutch.Thumbsup
Actually Replacing the fan clutch fixed it but only for a short time.
The real culprit was a clogged Radiator.

It had some slimy green stuff in the fins blocking water flow and causing it to get hot.

Replaced the Radiator, and now its as cool as a cucumber.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Major OverHeating problems. Extasey 23 3,014 06-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Last Post: Extasey