Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non Existent Removeable device?! (Dell Inspiron N4050)
Hello
I bought a Dell N4050 laptop yesterday and while installing various kind of software I

somehow let a Trojan or some virus in my laptop
Now what that virus did was that when i inserted my pen drive it sent some folders and files

into my pen drive which wasn't removable and pretty annoying. So i though I'd take care of

it by installing new OS 7! then suddenly I realized there was a "removable device" showing

in my computer which clearly wasn't mine! i checked it properties and realized its the

Trojan/virus's doing. so i left it like that and continued installing my new OS 7 from a USB

stick.

now what happened was at the last stage where my computer was suppose to start with win 7 it

showed me a blue screen and restarted. the msg on the blue screen said there was some error

or bla bla and that i need to update my bios. but i checked i have the latest bios version.

so i tried to install win 7 again but same thing happened. tried again but this time i

clicked on repair and somhow ended up in my computer. there i saw that even though i

formated the C drice that removeable device is still there! from the look of it i thought

maybe it has its existance in another drive and since i didnt have any data worth protecting

i decided to break my partition. so i broke my partition and made only one drive and

formatted it and went to my computer through win 7 installation and still saw that removable

device icon! now i was sure that remove device is doing something to stop me from not being

able to install my win 7

that's my situation! now what i want to know is how do i remove that removable device? i

mean where is its existence still stored?! i am a new laptop user but i have been using a pc

for a long time and i know for a fact that if u do a new partition everything in ur computer

is gone! but yet that virus thing is still standing!

I did some research for this topic and found that many others has faced this problem with no

real solution! I want you to know before u answer that now i don't have any operating system

in my laptop and i formated the disk with win 7 and DOS. and i am sure it is not my memory

stick or anything. one of buddy told me dell laptops has some feature that lets it restore

infor/system files into another place or something but he doesn't know the details!

can someone please help me with it?
I wish i could answer this.
However look forward to someone who can answer.
I always assumed if you broke the partitions then you loose any data thus and trojan etc is gone.
But i assume your bios is somehow infected?
If so then im not sure how to flash your bios on a lappy. PC is easy enough but a lappy is harder.
I guess you could pull out the battery (bios battery) and main battery and leave the lappy to power down for an hr or so.
That may reset the bios to factory but im not sure entirely.
Can you go into bios and disable any usb boot options?
That may be a way around it possibly.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(04-27-2012, 03:28 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: I wish i could answer this.
However look forward to someone who can answer.
I always assumed if you broke the partitions then you loose any data thus and trojan etc is gone.
But i assume your bios is somehow infected?
If so then im not sure how to flash your bios on a lappy. PC is easy enough but a lappy is harder.
I guess you could pull out the battery (bios battery) and main battery and leave the lappy to power down for an hr or so.
That may reset the bios to factory but im not sure entirely.
Can you go into bios and disable any usb boot options?
That may be a way around it possibly.

I tried the laptop battery removal but it didnt work! i am not sure how to remove the bois battery as its a brand new laptop and i dont want to unscrew it!
there arent any clear option such as a USB bootable option but there is an option under my advance tab at the last of the page there is a "Miscellaneous devices" option and when u enter it it says "External USB ports" i can disable it if i want to and i tried didnt help! now i am not sure if that miscellaneous devices option really exist or the virus sent it there in my bios!

what do u mean flushing bios is hard? is it impossible? i hope my laptop isnt dead or anything! will installing a new bios solve this problem? r there any step by step guide in bios installing from a USB stick? please advice!
By any chance do you have any built in devices? They may not be functioning correctly and this is the result. Please let me know if you do and what exactly built in devices you have.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gateway Netbook LT or Dell Laptop? ♀x!Jamie!x♀ 8 2,836 12-13-2010, 11:02 AM
Last Post: XiX Eb0y XiX
  What's the Model of this Dell Laptop? Falah 3 1,233 09-23-2010, 09:23 AM
Last Post: Skill
  Dell Studio XPS 1340 T9600 Anyone has one? Don Panzer 4 1,138 07-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Last Post: haphazard
  dell mini 10v Muzen 24 4,567 12-27-2009, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Muzen
  Dell inspiron 1150 SILO 3 955 10-28-2009, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Extasey