Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My First ACTUAL Website Template
(04-17-2012, 10:00 PM)BreShiE Wrote: Now now, xerotic. You of all people should know this is no place to troll.

I am not trolling. I am wondering what he believes (as a new web developer) he should be using. I am thinking back to when I first started... I forgot a DOCTYPE and it made cross-browser HTML/CSS support a pain.
[Image: idgjkO.png]
(04-19-2012, 07:22 PM)xerotic Wrote: I am not trolling. I am wondering what he believes (as a new web developer) he should be using. I am thinking back to when I first started... I forgot a DOCTYPE and it made cross-browser HTML/CSS support a pain.

Oh, I thought you meant you wanted this template when you posted "I'm interested,...". I came to the conclusion that you was trolling from that because I knew you can do far better than this, lol.

Little off-topic question, but are you back here and active again now?
It's a start and now you can continue to improve from here, don't mind these other people...

I find it funny that they're being so harsh when this is a support forum, lol. Just remember, everyone starts somewhere.
Support Forums does not mean "lie and be nice to everybody."
(04-24-2012, 03:56 AM)Peter L Wrote: Support Forums does not mean "lie and be nice to everybody."

This.

(04-23-2012, 07:02 PM)Amazing Wrote: It's a start and now you can continue to improve from here, don't mind these other people...

I find it funny that they're being so harsh when this is a support forum, lol. Just remember, everyone starts somewhere.

No one's being harsh, we're telling him how it is. He's saying this is a website template. Unfortunately because of the standard of this, so called, template, no one's going to use it. If I was going to be harsh I'd say "Quit coding you're terrible.". But I wont say that, because he has potential. He just needs to learn some better CSS and colour schemes, which I also need to work on (colour schemes I mean).
Ah, I should probably just change this so no one gets butthurt, lol.
I remember the first webpage i made.
It took me hours to make. Days infact and it was at best useless.
For someone who is familiar with making pages and using dreamweaver then yes 30 seconds could make you a decent page.
However this OP does not posses those skills i am assuming so therefor he is new to this.
We should support him and help him learn. Help him make his site the way he wants it.
Prob does not matter now though as this thread has been all but trashed.
OP is prob long gone. Running as quick as he can away from SF because he was mocked for not being a good coder.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(04-09-2012, 08:05 PM)Omniscient Wrote: That's 3 minutes of work. I don't see why you posted this when I'm sure you know it's not usable as a website template.

It took me a while to try to figure out how to do it, lol.

I suck at design in general. Most of my friends on AIM and Skype would agree with me when I say it takes up a LOT of your time, and with that spare time, you could be finished coding the backend of your site.

I took a shot at it. Normally I just edit pre-made templates to save time, but I felt in a "creative" mood and wanted to see what I came up with.

(04-25-2012, 04:58 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: I remember the first webpage i made.
It took me hours to make. Days infact and it was at best useless.
For someone who is familiar with making pages and using dreamweaver then yes 30 seconds could make you a decent page.
However this OP does not posses those skills i am assuming so therefor he is new to this.
We should support him and help him learn. Help him make his site the way he wants it.
Prob does not matter now though as this thread has been all but trashed.
OP is prob long gone. Running as quick as he can away from SF because he was mocked for not being a good coder.

You just made my usertitle sound ironic. Lol.
(04-11-2012, 04:07 AM)TalishHF Wrote: This is pretty sick! Can you post source please!

You taking the complete and utter piss lol?
Keep learning buddy that's a basic work within a couple of minutes. nothing special happens here Tongue
keep learning.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A way for your website to be successful WEBSITE TRAFFIC!! utubeboosterr 2 2,025 07-13-2011, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Relapse
  [Free Template] HTML / CSS Basic Page Jordan L. 16 2,618 01-17-2011, 03:53 AM
Last Post: Hollow™
  How to: Implementing a PSD Template Pineapple 0 612 10-21-2010, 06:49 AM
Last Post: Pineapple
  Joomla Template R3c0nna1ssanc3 8 1,911 10-21-2009, 05:54 PM
Last Post: R3c0nna1ssanc3
  Black Back Website Template [Use it] Pins222 11 2,440 10-13-2009, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Pins222