• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[C#] FolderDrive Mapper - Developed by AceInfinity
FolderDrive Mapper

Video:
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqRgAKHsDKI[/yt]

Preview:
[Image: hrCEc.png]

Description:
Easily map a folder to as a virtual drive with it's own drive letter on your machine, or unmap a drive letter.

More Information Here: http://tech.reboot.pro/showthread.php?tid=2294
Can i be rude and ask what the point is?
I mean obviously this can be done quite easily through Windows Disk Management.
Or is this just a replacement way to do the same thing?

Your software does look clean and tidy from the video though and im not knocking that at all.
More the point of it is all.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

For somebody doing this with any other method, even say in Disk Manager, suppose they accidently wipe out or reformat a partition or volume that they didn't want to clear out? Or they cause confusion to the bootmgr with swapping drive letters? Smile
Thanks for sharing Ace.
C'mon Damink, stop discouraging him.
If you are willing to join SF Webmasters.
Damn, this forum seems to be in a bad mood. I've been getting 502 bad gateway on page loads, and it's even displayed inside my post area when trying to edit my post :S

I was going to say: "The other side of the story is to do something new in programming, just for fun."

I haven't seen anything like this on the forum's i've been to before. People have posted worse applications than this here Damink if you look around, and may be seen as even more impractical than the one i've chosen to share here.
Very nicely developed software i must say!
[Image: siggy.png]
www.4Y4T3M-L4BS.tk
My point was not to be critical.
To give you an example if i may.
Windows 7 has the snipping tool yea? Works well.
So one will not want to nor need to install a screen capture tool as its default.
This is much the same thing isnt it?
Disk management is not something people do frequently at the best of times.
Bah i dont want to trash your thread man.
I know i am supposed to look at it from the coding point of view instead of the practical application.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Quote:Windows 7 has the snipping tool yea? Works well.

People do still develop software similar to the snipping tool all the time though. It depends on the person too however, as does with this application for those who may use it. Some people have all the functionality they want inside of the options available to you with the snipping tool. Others do more advanced things, and may venture off to find a more advanced program.

Not to say that this is more advanced, but that it depends on the needs and personal view of the computer user.

I just use PrintScr and Ctrl+V in Paint anyways.

Quote:So one will not want to nor need to install a screen capture tool as its default.
This is much the same thing isnt it?

No, there's no install for a PE lol, so once you get past the download, you should be good to go with using this tool i've developed, unless you don't have .NET Framework 4.0 yet. You keep this or a shortcut to it on your desktop and it's much easier anyways.

Quote:Disk management is not something people do frequently at the best of times.

I use it from time to time, but I know that others don't. Just like I hardly work with the Networking utilities available to me on my machine as it's not something I have an interest in but not something I want to do much of anyways; I like things to be simple because the more time I spend on network troubleshooting the more it frustrates me. I can figure it out, but networking is so damn boring for me, I can't stand it.

Quote:I know i am supposed to look at it from the coding point of view instead of the practical application.

Technically, you can look at it any way you want, but look at this forum section, it's dead lol. Just contributing based on the behalf of that perspective as well Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nice TicTacToe Game - Developed by AceInfinity [Source & Release] AceInfinity 3 1,322 08-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Kenneth
  Disc Dash Bot - Created by AceInfinity AceInfinity 2 1,039 07-13-2012, 08:23 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Combination Cracker - String Variant Builder - Developed by AceInfinity AceInfinity 0 1,250 03-15-2012, 06:05 PM
  W7 Diag Tool v2.01 - New Version - Developed by AceInfinity AceInfinity 7 2,999 02-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Denny Crane
  FBytes - Binary Merge Tool - Created by AceInfinity AceInfinity 2 1,016 01-07-2012, 04:47 PM