Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AHHHHHH!!
Well, why would he invest money onto SF if it doesn't earn him any money. The downtimes aren't very frequent either, so It's not worth it to invest a large sum for nothing.
A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.
[Image: aTiq3.png]
^^ Please read Jesse's post.
He's ready to get a VPS for Sf.
Avoid replying same thing again and again.
If you are willing to join SF Webmasters.
(04-08-2012, 09:24 AM)Omniscient Wrote: I have a VPS setup now. But I don't want to put it production with SF just yet. I'm going to do more testing first.
Cool man thats good to hear.

(04-08-2012, 09:24 AM)Omniscient Wrote: This site doesn't earn more than $100 a month. I can't justify moving it to a dedicated.
Agree totally. Hopefully though in time when the traffic increases enough the ads will start to pay off though.

(04-08-2012, 09:24 AM)Omniscient Wrote: Just be patient. It's not that bad.
But we just like to have a sook now and again Smile

(04-08-2012, 09:24 AM)Omniscient Wrote: EDIT: Oh and btw you do realize that SF suffers from DDOS attacks too. People that can't bring HF down often turn their attention to my other sites. Since they are shared hosting I don't have the controls to stop them and we go offline for a given time.
Something that will always be an issue i imagine. Be it on a shared or even dedi.
You will always be a target for hackers i guess.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

I think this topic nicely fits with the other topic about more activity. More activity > More ads income (Maybe possible ranks people can purchase just like HF) > SF having a bigger income and Omni can invest?

So don't you guys think that, in order for Omni to help us and host SF on a VPS, we should help him and get him this more traffic?
(04-08-2012, 09:39 AM)BreShiE Wrote: We realise this site doesn't earn much money, but what about the money you receive from HF? That's a hefty profit you gain from that I should imagine. I realise you need to payout for the up-keep of HF and to stabilize your real life sh*t, but I'm sure that doesn't much more than up to $250 a week, so what about the rest of the money you receive? Can't you take a percentage off of that and put it towards SF?

Omni's main income is HF. As said before, if all of his websites were his "babies," HF would be his "golden boy."

In other words, Omni obviously focuses on HF much more than any of his other sites. Also, since he barely gets any income (imho $100 a month from a site would be fine, that's for me though), I don't think he sees the need to do this.
At first I was like WTF, why is your name there.
Then I was like "I see what you did there".

But I agree with you, I dislike cloud and the downtime.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
You inspected the element of photoshopped?
I love the way you made all these childish league to make it look cool Big Grin
[Image: 13346626921808_support-forums-fail.png]

WTF?
I could not even tell what the captcha wanted me to put there?
Talk about fail! Seriously thats just damn sloppy.
Anyways the back button worked well for ignoring that stupid thing.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

lol, are you sure that's not a caching issue? I've seen that come up 100's of times for me (almost every time i've posted a code tag on the forum) and ONLY seen the black spraypaint captcha look.