Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AHHHHHH!!
(04-07-2012, 12:38 AM)4Y4T3M Wrote: Just sore the message about 40 minutes ago.

Awkward. hahaha.

(04-06-2012, 09:33 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: lol yep Ace.
I have prob started 3 threads related to exactly how much this pisses me off.
One thing i often figured was fact was this.
Omni spends his time and effort on HF and not here so SF is on a shared host with the shitty protection just so it can run with min work and effort. Sure at the cost of the users.
Thats been my interpretation of it anyway.
I could well be wrong.

Another reason could be because of the lack of funding he gets to run the website, hackforums is his main income and just recently he has had to pay alot of tax to support the company, this website makes little or next to no income and therefore he hosts it with his own money, most user's would dis-agree with having VIP groups (such as l33t or ub3r) and thats the reason why there's such a lack of funding, bringing-up the funding issue because with more funding omniscient could improve the website, move it to a better server & upgrade the cloudflare.

You do know that Omniscient hosts like a load of websites and he must have enough to host this website.
1) There has been discussion of moving SF to a better host for like.... forever.
2) I offered to host it free but offer was rejected.
3) Cloudflare sucks nuts. Omni as a server admin is better than that! Look at HF. I have to assume its a bandaid sort of thing here.
4) Did i mention i think cloudflare sucks nuts?
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(04-06-2012, 09:33 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: lol yep Ace.
I have prob started 3 threads related to exactly how much this pisses me off.
One thing i often figured was fact was this.
Omni spends his time and effort on HF and not here so SF is on a shared host with the shitty protection just so it can run with min work and effort. Sure at the cost of the users.
Thats been my interpretation of it anyway.
I could well be wrong.

He posted in another thread saying "it's about time SF got its own VPS" but never did they move, so idk. I wish he'd hurry up and do it, it's so f*cking annoying. As well as the PM verification.

Also, @4Y4T3M you do realise Omni earns about $1000 from HF alone per week? Lol.
(04-07-2012, 06:43 PM)BreShiE Wrote: He posted in another thread saying "it's about time SF got its own VPS" but never did they move, so idk. I wish he'd hurry up and do it, it's so f*cking annoying. As well as the PM verification.

Also, @4Y4T3M you do realise Omni earns about $1000 from HF alone per week? Lol.

I estimate he earns alot more than $1,000 per week, he gets continuous l33t & ub3r subscriptions, constant ad's being bought on the top of the page & the mini-add's at the bottom, not to mention that he also gets paid-sticky's constantly & daily.

Off-Topic,

This website doesnt earn any money, why does he have to upgrade it to a VPS?
[Image: siggy.png]
www.4Y4T3M-L4BS.tk
Guys chill, obviously he can afford to get a Vps.
We need to wait not rage about it, I think we'll be moving to Vps soon as he's getting a new server for Hf.

@System

Websites are like babies to webmaster, if have to put money to make them big without caring that child will do something in return for you.
If you are willing to join SF Webmasters.
Actually it's NOT cloudflare when we go offline. It's normally Dreamhost. I personally think they've had issues with sites with Dreamhost and Cloudflare but now they've partnered up so I think a lot of past issues will get resolved. Eventually this site will be on a VPS or a dedicated colo.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
We know it'll be, but the question is when?
If you are willing to join SF Webmasters.
I have a VPS setup now. But I don't want to put it production with SF just yet. I'm going to do more testing first.

This site doesn't earn more than $100 a month. I can't justify moving it to a dedicated.

Just be patient. It's not that bad.

EDIT: Oh and btw you do realize that SF suffers from DDOS attacks too. People that can't bring HF down often turn their attention to my other sites. Since they are shared hosting I don't have the controls to stop them and we go offline for a given time.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
I use MediaTemple, and it's pretty neat. It's a Grid Service at 20$ a month.

It is DDOSable, but no downtimes whatsoever, and extremely fast.
A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.
[Image: aTiq3.png]
(04-08-2012, 09:24 AM)Omniscient Wrote: I have a VPS setup now. But I don't want to put it production with SF just yet. I'm going to do more testing first.

This site doesn't earn more than $100 a month. I can't justify moving it to a dedicated.

Just be patient. It's not that bad.

EDIT: Oh and btw you do realize that SF suffers from DDOS attacks too. People that can't bring HF down often turn their attention to my other sites. Since they are shared hosting I don't have the controls to stop them and we go offline for a given time.

We realise this site doesn't earn much money, but what about the money you receive from HF? That's a hefty profit you gain from that I should imagine. I realise you need to payout for the up-keep of HF and to stabilize your real life sh*t, but I'm sure that doesn't much more than up to $250 a week, so what about the rest of the money you receive? Can't you take a percentage off of that and put it towards SF?