Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Solved] Best way to revise for maths?
Well, I'm really bad at maths, but I somehow always to manage with a 60/70% in big exams. This year, I'm worried, so I decided to start revising a bit early. I try to read a math book and do exercises, but the questions don't seem logical at all. Any good way for revising and not getting distracted easily in maths? I'm sure many have struggled with this in their high school years.
A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.
[Image: aTiq3.png]
Don't read. Start with problems/knowledge questions you know how to do. Open up paint and write out the problems on paint. I only do that because I'm too lazy to get a book and write in it. Writing out equations and practice questions (using a revision sheet) is really good. Look at examples in your textbook that you don't much about but are on the test.
I followed your advice, but I got a pre-made revision sheet online. Thanks for your help!
You can't read to practice or study math, you have to do problems, reading is the way you study history and English. Keep in mind this isn't the way with math. Math is similar to programming in that if you don't practice the problems and functions that you read about, you'll never learn much. I was good in high school with math though, so it was one of my favorite subjects because of that. I never enjoyed English until my 12th grade where i had a REALLY good teacher though, so that was where my interest in English started for me (too bad it was only my last year). He had a way to intrigue everybody in the class with whatever we were learning about, in a way that you could say that you had a self interest and motivation for taking initiative into learning for yourself about the topic in the class.

Post your questions, whatever you're not good at, and people here may be able to help you.
Yes, thanks for the replies. I am revising from past papers. I just resolve each one using sources and revise from them. I find this the best method.

Hope someone with the same problems take my suggestion in consideration. Smile
A good tip - write down all the methods in a book so you can refer to them when revising, for future reference.
I find that a few example questions help, as well as notes you have on it. When you move onto a new topic, be sure to keep looking at old ones so you don't get rusty :p

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can someone help me revise essay? Pareidolia 1 811 09-17-2013, 11:50 PM
Last Post: olivialeeper
  Chemistry- solved Aero 6 1,037 01-19-2012, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Aero
  Anyone good at Maths? (Algebra and Percentages) EMINƎM 10 2,524 06-24-2011, 06:57 AM
Last Post: FaRLisLe
  Piano Staff, read the notes easier? [Solved]/Trash My Thread] Resistance 2 1,995 01-09-2011, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sam