Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Bought An Xbox 360 JTAG
So I got quite a bit of money in today, and I was looking at random things to buy (I hate keeping money). I looked at a wide veriety of things from tobacco products to colored contact lenses. But after troll'zin around the internet for a while I came across a JTAG shop. For those who don't know me, I've always been fascinated with JTAGs and I know pretty much everything there is to know about them, but I've never had enough money to buy a 'TAG. Anyway, I found this shop and I saw that the Xenon JTAGs were within my price range, but I couldn't get a power supply, this is important or else I wouldn't be able to have my retail on at the same time as my JTAG.

I emailed the shop owner, and he replied saying he would allow me to get the Xenon and Power Supply for just £90 (basically getting the power supply free). I bought it off of him, the payment has gone through successfully and now I just have to sit here and wait! D: It's only been like 2 hours, but it feels like 2 weeks. I WANT IT NOW!!

So do any of you guys have JTAGs? If so, be evil and post some pics to make me cry! Lol.
(03-29-2012, 10:58 AM)BreShiE Wrote: So I got quite a bit of money in today, and I was looking at random things to buy (I hate keeping money). I looked at a wide veriety of things from tobacco products to colored contact lenses. But after troll'zin around the internet for a while I came across a JTAG shop. For those who don't know me, I've always been fascinated with JTAGs and I know pretty much everything there is to know about them, but I've never had enough money to buy a 'TAG. Anyway, I found this shop and I saw that the Xenon JTAGs were within my price range, but I couldn't get a power supply, this is important or else I wouldn't be able to have my retail on at the same time as my JTAG.

I emailed the shop owner, and he replied saying he would allow me to get the Xenon and Power Supply for just £90 (basically getting the power supply free). I bought it off of him, the payment has gone through successfully and now I just have to sit here and wait! D: It's only been like 2 hours, but it feels like 2 weeks. I WANT IT NOW!!

So do any of you guys have JTAGs? If so, be evil and post some pics to make me cry! Lol.

A what??
I have no idea what a JTAG is.
If you are willing to join SF Webmasters.
Quote:A JTAG is a hardware hack that is used to flash a device with different firmware. You can jtag cable modems so you can clone your mac address and steal the internet (it's illegal so don't ask). You can also jtag an xbox 360 and use an exploit found in the older xbox dashboard to rewrite the nand chip. The nand is kind of like a bios chip on a computer, when you flash the bios on a computer you're changing the way the computer interprets the information.

Anyway a jtag for an xbox allows the xbox to be flashed so it can do things microsoft designed against. You can run homebrew or run any unsigned code so almost everything is accessible. You can hook up large external hard drives and format them to be used with the xbox. There aren't many limits. You can copy a game directly to the hard drive and play the game without the disc.

Now what you're talking about is when someone modifies the code to the game and then hosts it so the code it transmitted down through the chain. The host can set any values to any attribute they want. In the prestige hack the kills are set so every kill = 1 prestige. All that the host has to do is modify the map attributes and load the game.

As for the Jtag itself it's becoming more rare by the day. There are only so many xbox's that can be jtaged because microsoft was aware when homebrew was finally accomplished on the xbox 360 system and the exploit in the dash version was closed and the dash was updated. To jtag an xbox you have to have a dash older than 2.0.8. Anything 2.0.8 and up is not jtagable.

There are different chipsets the xbox has used over the years.

The first is the xenon, xenon was a launch console without hdmi and a 203w power supply
The second is the zephyr, zephyr was the first hdmi with a 203w power supply
The third is the falcon, falcon was the first with the new cpu that used 175w power supply
The forth is the opus, opus was a falcon chipset without hdmi (only available by repair)
The fifth is the jasper, jasper uses a 65nm die process to decrease heat, uses 150w power supply

Now as you can probably figure out the first few designs were pretty horrible and broke a lot. This actually increases the chances of finding a jtagable xbox because if it broke a year ago odds are that is has an older exploitable dash. You'll see these broken jtagable xbox's going on ebay for about $120. For a Working jtagable xbox it can be 150-200. For a jtaged xbox it can be 350-400. You get the idea.

I've been repairing consoles for quite a long time and have ran across about 10 jtagable consoles so they are out there. Just try to find one that's broken and then have it reflowed by a professional to make sure it won't break on you.

Hopefully this is all the info you were looking for, but if you have any other questions feel free to contact me. You can contact me via my yahoo answers profile.

Basically what everyone uses to mod call of duty on the xbox.
Never had an X box so didn't know Smile
Now you can run pirated games congrats Big Grin
If you are willing to join SF Webmasters.
I'm not going to be pirating games, I'm going to be hosting XP lobbies for call of duty.
It's been posted, so now I have to wait up-to 5 days. I CAN'T WAIT!
Bro...
Don't waste the £90 on getting the tag banned.
D:

BTw, can I have the shop link? :o
(03-29-2012, 01:47 PM)BreShiE Wrote: I'm not going to be pirating games, I'm going to be hosting XP lobbies for call of duty.

Congrats on the JTAG, enjoy the lobbies. I hope you have a great time man. I always wanted one but never got to the money. But nonetheless, congratulations!
(04-02-2012, 03:10 PM)spaggy Wrote: Bro...
Don't waste the £90 on getting the tag banned.
D:

BTw, can I have the shop link? :o

I'll be using a hosting account, not my main obviously.

http://www.thetechgame.com/Forums/t=1681...-mods.html
That's where I bought mine.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to fix an unreadable disc [Xbox 360] Confuse 36 131,133 08-01-2020, 02:44 AM
Last Post: johansmith688
  CONSOLE WARS: PS3 vs Xbox 360 vs WII Deadmau5 104 39,491 08-04-2013, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Uzi
  Fifa 13 or CoD Black Ops 2 glitches for xbox 360????????? robgh1 3 1,370 07-11-2013, 05:19 AM
Last Post: Wonders
  [Review] - Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition Uzi 1 1,864 06-11-2012, 10:17 AM
Last Post: playzzzz
  [Discussion] Windows 8 will allow for Xbox 360 games to be played on PC's Blixx 35 8,692 03-25-2012, 05:22 AM
Last Post: Tactical_Turtle