Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fix The Search
Still a good speed for shared hosting.
Can't wait until we move on a VPS.
If you are willing to join SF Webmasters.
Shared hosting? Never knew it could support a forum at this level. I always thought that shared hosting limits a site somewhat, but thats only from what I've heard. Common misconception I guess. Oui
We use Dreamhost along with Cloudflare. While we manage we do have some downtime. Nothing major though.

But I think for real growth we need to move to at least a VPS. I've had a plan to colocate a server for a while. It's literally sitting right next to me. I just have to configure it and ship it off.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(03-28-2012, 01:45 PM)Omniscient Wrote: We use Dreamhost along with Cloudflare. While we manage we do have some downtime. Nothing major though.

But I think for real growth we need to move to at least a VPS. I've had a plan to colocate a server for a while. It's literally sitting right next to me. I just have to configure it and ship it off.

I honestly think SF does need a server change. They're fine at the moment, they're not too slow, but it would definitely benefit having a server change.
The search has been fine for me for the most part.
[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018