Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fix The Search
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but there's been many times where I've wanted to use the quick search (top right corner) but when you do it takes forever to process and kicks out an internal server error. I'd like you to fix this please Omni, I have something similar on my forum and it's actually really useful.

Does it do the same for you guys too?
No error for me, but boy it did take a lot of time. I've never noticed it before because I just switch out my tab while its loading, but now I see why it could be cause for concern.
The worse bit is, it affects the site for everyone if someone uses it...
Really? How were you able to determine that?
I don't get any error, but it takes lots of time.

You can use this though.

http://www.supportforums.net/search.php
If you are willing to join SF Webmasters.
(03-28-2012, 07:45 AM)BlackChaos Wrote: Really? How were you able to determine that?

The fact it took me forever to load a page while you was using it. I knew someone was using it because of the slow loading time and this thread had "2" views.
Astute observation. Perhaps Omniscient has something to say about this. This could be really annoying at times and definitely a hindrance to one's activity on the forum.
Made some adjustments. It should be faster now.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(03-28-2012, 08:10 AM)Omniscient Wrote: Made some adjustments. It should be faster now.

Yep, it's most definitely faster now, a lot faster. Thanks. Blackhat

EDIT: Just checked again, it's still faster, but not by a lot. It's cope-able though.
We're still on shared hosting. I'm running a new VPS and if it works out I'll move this site.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.