Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Staff?
I don't believe there will be one for a while, dealing with moderator issues and picking the right one(s) takes time and effort also.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
(03-27-2012, 02:14 AM)NekoChan Wrote: I don't believe there will be one for a while, dealing with moderator issues and picking the right one(s) takes time and effort also.

This is true, and there's not a stand out selection of possible moderators either. Some people have their sparks of activity here and there, but it's the same as most members i've seen here. This makes that decision require even more effort, BUT it also depends on whether he's searching for a new moderator or not.
This forum is easy to moderate.
There were only a handful of reports a day when I was moderator here, and that was before Omni implemented a way of preventing spam. Granted Sam now has to deal with feather reviews so that probably takes quite a bit of time.
No need for another mod though.. This forum isn't high maintenance at all.

Edit - Just noticed Sam has been removed so this thread makes sense now.
Quote:No need for another mod though..

There isn't any moderator at present.
Sam has been demoted.
If you are willing to join SF Webmasters.
(03-27-2012, 02:41 AM)Kewl Wrote: There isn't any moderator at present.
Sam has been demoted.

Yeh I edited my post after realising that.
(03-27-2012, 01:35 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: Solidus, Skill, and Eve were good admins, Eve left a long time ago though Skill was somewhat frequent, Solidus was on all the time in the background taking care of stuff, now that they were all demoted, Solidus went completely inactive and Skill is the only guy that still visits once in a while. Sam seems to pick it up when he first becomes mod but slowly looses the motivation to continue after a while (only from my opinion).

trilobyte hasn't been on in a long time though.

Edit: He changed his name apparently, so I didn't recognize him at first...
ahh the good old time Sleep
It'd be great if Solidus was here but I understand that he's busy.

[Image: 3dtextven0mhf.png]
(03-27-2012, 02:39 AM)Fragma Wrote: This forum is easy to moderate.
There were only a handful of reports a day when I was moderator here, and that was before Omni implemented a way of preventing spam. Granted Sam now has to deal with feather reviews so that probably takes quite a bit of time.

You also need to catch up on the news that the feather award had already been removed lol. So although Sam isn't mod he wouldn't have had to review any more anyways. Smile
(03-27-2012, 04:46 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: You also need to catch up on the news that the feather award had already been removed lol. So although Sam isn't mod he wouldn't have had to review any more anyways. Smile

Oh damn I'm way behind lol...
I suggest we don't carry on this topic for too long. As mentioned before, its not our place to make suggestions about who should or would be staff and who doesn't.
Omni is experienced enough to handle SF on his own if need be asn as Fragma stated, there really isn't a real need for a moderator right now.

Also, sorry but I did laugh at your lateness Fragma. Hehe
(03-27-2012, 02:39 AM)Fragma Wrote: This forum is easy to moderate.

For some reason that last edited sentence made ma laugh really hard.
Sorry for offtopic, had to get that out there Roflmao
[Image: Nyan.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Welcome Damink to Staff Omniscient 34 5,290 06-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Hazard
  No staff today? InfamousKnight 7 1,719 03-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  Inactive Staff Peter L 49 11,141 02-23-2011, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  Why am I not staff? Sam 22 4,000 12-19-2010, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Sam