Poll: Is DAMINK amazing?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
66.67%
4 66.67%
Yes
33.33%
2 33.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DAMINK Is amazing
I think I was the only one who opted to keep the support feather. LQP are the reason DAMINK is on Staff, he can deal with them. I'm sure over 70% of the posts received were beneficial posts to the forum. I was shocked that SO many people here wanted it removed if I'm completely honest.

I'm not sure how keen you are in applying the support feather again but that - or something similar - is what I would do. If it's not an option, I still stand by my "shrinking the forum" down approach.
Unban me from HF Omni Sad
(06-11-2012, 12:24 PM)Omniscient Wrote: That's what people don't get about the award. Even if you complained about it then at least you were posting and reporting.

Well im going to take my own love thread and take it further off topic lol. But i have to.
I just read this. Honestly i never factored this in when i voted for the removal of the award.
Very wise words really. And 100% correct. Some here actively hunt out LQ and threads being incorrectly placed.

Anyway back to loving DAMINK bwahahahahha.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(06-11-2012, 12:13 PM)Omniscient Wrote: Damink is doing a great job but we honestly don't need additional admins. Activity is really low now that the SF Feather Award was removed. We're doing about 1/3 the amount of posts and traffic has dropped 40% as well. We're no longer steady or growing here. We're actually losing a lot of ground that took me a long time to gain.

If I can add my honest opinion here, you didn't have enough time to really do anything for SF. You relied way too much on one form of revenue for traffic and post count, the SF Feather award, but other than that you didn't have much else going on around here.

Post count doesn't mean anything, yes Google loves content, but not when it's all the same. You could have 100 000 posts that say "thanks for the share dude" or 50 000 posts that actually mean something in terms of content, and it's much better when the content differs if you want relate this as a good or bad move in relationship to Google.

It takes more than the hype of getting an award on a bigger site to actually run a website. SF is not an HF puppet, the relationship between them should not affect whether they go downhill or uphill, that's when you know you actually have something going for this site...
(06-14-2012, 11:20 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: If I can add my honest opinion here, you didn't have enough time to really do anything for SF. You relied way too much on one form of revenue for traffic and post count, the SF Feather award, but other than that you didn't have much else going on around here.

Post count doesn't mean anything, yes Google loves content, but not when it's all the same. You could have 100 000 posts that say "thanks for the share dude" or 50 000 posts that actually mean something in terms of content, and it's much better when the content differs if you want relate this as a good or bad move in relationship to Google.

It takes more than the hype of getting an award on a bigger site to actually run a website. SF is not an HF puppet, the relationship between them should not affect whether they go downhill or uphill, that's when you know you actually have something going for this site...

Have you not seen the traffic this site receives? If the posts were not of quality it would not receive such hits. SF never has been a HF puppet, Omniscient made sure of that. The site is filled with rich unique content which is why Google absolutely adores this forum from the looks of things. The award doesn't necessarily mean the site will only contain LQ posts, in fact with the award being in place it encouraged more users to come here and post high quality material.

In my honest opinion the award should come back ASAP. If you have a resource like HF at your disposal it's completely illogical not to use it.
I think it would be beneficial if the acceptance amount of posts increased to 50-100 (if the award is brought back)
If implemented, the staff in charge of checking the user's quality could easily see whether a user here is actually going be dedicated to the forums, or if said user is just here for the award.
The previous amount was too less in my opinion.

Sorry for rolling in the off topic.
(06-14-2012, 08:43 PM)Crayo Wrote: Have you not seen the traffic this site receives? If the posts were not of quality it would not receive such hits. SF never has been a HF puppet, Omniscient made sure of that. The site is filled with rich unique content which is why Google absolutely adores this forum from the looks of things. The award doesn't necessarily mean the site will only contain LQ posts, in fact with the award being in place it encouraged more users to come here and post high quality material.

In my honest opinion the award should come back ASAP. If you have a resource like HF at your disposal it's completely illogical not to use it.

I know what kind of traffic it USED to receive yes, that stat is irrelevant to my post though, I was on the topic of mainly content and in relationship to Google SEO.

Quote:If the posts were not of quality it would not receive such hits.

No lol, that's not at all the way traffic works...

The main reason he got traffic here in the first place was due to his SF feather, I hadn't seen hardly any new member come here post an introduction and not say that they were from HF. And i've been considerably one of the most active users here to envy that, by far over the past year. My activity here now has died down because I have my own forum of course, but I had seen the transitions in realtime on this forum. You mainly only come here to promote your forum, and have been doing that for quite a long time, so your post on this topic here I take with a grain of salt. Many people have an idea of what goes on here, including Omni, but he's too busy on HF to really notice what goes on. I used to be here more than he was online everyday for quite a few months.

Quote:SF never has been a HF puppet

It always has been since he had that SF feather around, had you not seen Omni admittedly post in this thread himself saying that this site has taken a significant hit to traffic loss after the removal of just that one award? Surely by god you can figure out, evidently, what the true influence was for traffic in the past? Considering the size of HF too, I couldn't doubt it even if he didn't come here and post in this thread.

Quote:Omniscient made sure of that

Perhaps by the rules here, but that's irrelevant to what i'm talking about. I'm talking about SEO, content, traffic; activity in general.

Quote:The site is filled with rich unique content which is why Google absolutely adores this forum from the looks of things.

Are you here to think for yourself or believe the upper authority here? Because I speak my non-biased mind all the time, and i'm doing it even now with evidence to support myself, where is your evidence? I'm not here to cater to anyone just because of their rank on this forum, whether that's what you're doing right now and I shouldn't bother with trying to inform you or not--You find a few threads for me here of the nature of a guide or a tutorial, and lets see if we can't find out that it was a copy and paste from HF. I can guarantee you that you'll find more that are than those that are not. Try sneaking the word 'unique' into the sentence again after seeing the evidence first hand. (There's a few unique ones here from the dedicated users on SF, but more often than not, they are not unique. This is because the motivation of HF users that used to come here was not to support HF intently, but to only get their award.)

Quote:Google absolutely adores this forum from the looks of things

It wasn't because this forum grew on it's own, it grew under the influence of a larger forum; HF. Which is what i'm trying to say here.

Quote:The award doesn't necessarily mean the site will only contain LQ posts, in fact with the award being in place it encouraged more users to come here and post high quality material.

This is crystal clear proof that you've been hiding in the dark the whole time you've been a member here, the 'dark' being namely that of your "MarketForums" thread, and your "WWEForums" thread now that the other has gone away... I don't see a need for myself to convince anything to you here, you just haven't been around to make sense of things on your own, whether I tell them to you, or you put the pieces of this puzzle together on your own, you're more clueless here than you realize.

"The award doesn't necessarily mean the site will only contain LQ posts" - It doesn't, but when HF users come here and want their award, why would they waste time trying to get it over the course of a month? When they realize they could, oh say, maybe spam for it? Smile

Have you not at all noticed the reasons for the bans on SF? Tell me the #1 cause? "LQP"

After a while the moderators, other staff and admin, definitely got tired of banning everybody though so things slowed down, on those notes, and came to pretty much a complete stop when the award was removed. After they became more resilient to ban LQP'ers and lowered the standards for posting, the site definitely got swarmed with lots of LQP's with people saying "thanks for share man toshorttoshort" on threads that were asking for assistance. Shows you how much time HF spammers for the award took to post here for that 100 post goal. (Back in those days you had to have been blind if you did not see it.)

Quote:In my honest opinion the award should come back ASAP

I think you only want the traffic back so it can be redirected for your own benefit to WWEForums (regardless of how much activity your forum currently has), and whether you care about SF or not, it's the only plausible reason for yourself making obnoxious accusations that I would classify as misinformation here.

Quote:If you have a resource like HF at your disposal it's completely illogical not to use it.

It can be a strategy, I'm not and never did say it was not, but not in the way he used it to this site's 'advantage', otherwise better or more strict guidelines should have taken place, to not only benefit the traffic here but the content as well (as in a greater ratio of HQP:LQP). I can't say I have the solution for that, but it failed in every way except traffic here last time. More LQ content, and more threads complaining about the LQ content from users all the time; not good content to show google at all, a complaint forum?

I know you're one to argue, but you're wrong in every way you look at it on belhalf of this last post of yours...
Way too much to read. I stopped at that's not how traffic works. You need to understand content is the best way to get traffic. Are you telling me support forums doesn't have content? This site was launched from HF but it was never treated as a puppet, I won't post a monster TLDR reply to prove that because I simply don't care enough.

Decided to skim read it and I found this: "I think you only want the traffic back so it can be redirected for your own benefit to WWEForums". My opinion of you has drastically decreased now. How does SF getting traffic benefit me at all? I like Omni, he's helped me in the past, why wouldn't I wish his forum to succeed? I've gained nothing from my site being showcased here, it's not why I post my thread. Sure I come here as a lurker, I contribute nothing to this site at all. It's not my interest, I have no interest in this niche. I first came here to showcase my sites yes (keyword showcase, seek feedback, backlinks etc), but I lurk other threads daily I just don't get involved, I have no time to get involved. You don't know me at all, you're mad because you don't want LQ posts floating around but you don't have the knowledge to understand that the feather gave SF a LOT more HQ posts/content than the site receives without it. Omni has posted that himself.

Jesus, I never thought you'd stoop so low to try and win a debate, it's ridiculous. Your grasp on how forums grow is alarmingly low. If you're going to try and enter such debates, educate yourself. SF was launched off of HF, it's just a faster root to success. If I owned a forum with 16 million posts and wanted to launch a second, I would use my large forum to get hits/content too, who wouldn't? If he didn't then most of the HQ early members who helped launch SF into what it is wouldn't have been here, the process would have been drastically longer than what it could have been. It's not only common sense but it's the smart thing to do. You asked me where my evidence was of HQ content, go into every single section, there's your evidence. You seem to think just because my intentions on this forum was to bump my threads that I have no idea on this topic, well, the fact I've had two "big-boards" now sort of suggest I've got some form of experience in this discussion, probably a lot more than you do. I understand the hate for the SF feather, but I also understand how it helps the forum. Maybe you should too bro.
Quote:You need to understand content is the best way to get traffic

I do, and what i'm trying to get you to understand here is that is NOT the way this site initially got its traffic when Omni was around.

So the rest of this:
Quote:Are you telling me support forums doesn't have content? This site was launched from HF but it was never treated as a puppet, I won't post a monster TLDR reply to prove that because I simply don't care enough.

Is just irrelevant, as you're not getting the point...

Quote:My opinion of you has drastically decreased now.

Opinions other's have about me does not matter, especially when i'm stating logical points and backing them up with clear evidence that someone chooses to deny regardless.

Quote:I like Omni, he's helped me in the past, why wouldn't I wish his forum to succeed?

Never said you hated him, and never said you didn't want this forum to succeed, you're taking this discussion off point now. I didn't even say that I wanted this forum to not succeed...

Quote:Sure I come here as a lurker, I contribute nothing to this site at all.

Quote:You don't know me at all, you're mad because you don't want LQ posts floating around but you don't have the knowledge to understand that the feather gave SF a LOT more HQ posts/content than the site receives without it. Omni has posted that himself.

Of course he posted about it himself, why would he say the SF feather was a colossal failure on behalf of it being his idea in the first place, on his own forum? You're still not getting it. I don't have to know you to understand that you don't get it. If you want to go that way, then you don't know me either lol, because i'm not mad, and I don't care whether LQ posts float around here, this is not my forum. It doesn't mean I don't take initiative to post about it though Smile

"you don't have the knowledge to understand that the feather gave SF a LOT more HQ posts/content than the site receives without it" -- You still haven't shown me where this is evident. Until then i'm waiting for you to prove that i'm now knowledgable enough Smile. It doesn't take knowledge, it takes observation; something that you couldn't do because you were hardly around.

You find me ONE post from Omni that says where he's stated that the Feather resulted in HQ posts. I don't recall that, I remember maybe 'content' being thrown about by him, but that doesn't mean it was HQ.

Quote:Jesus, I never thought you'd stoop so low to try and win a debate, it's ridiculous. Your grasp on how forums grow is alarmingly low. If you're going to try and enter such debates, educate yourself. SF was launched off of HF, it's just a faster root to success. If I owned a forum with 16 million posts and wanted to launch a second, I would use my large forum to get hits/content too, who wouldn't?

And I already told you, I have nothing against it, I agreed, why do you bring this up again like i'm trying to tell you that it didn't 'launch' from HF. My point was that instead of it just being launched from HF, Omni carried that on, he was NOT around. It took him a year to make much changes around here because he relied on the Feather alone (along with the 4 older mods he had around) to keep this forum active. As I previously said though, if you didn't notice those times (and I know you were a member back then) then you've been living in a cave.

Quote:It's not only common sense but it's the smart thing to do. You asked me where my evidence was of HQ content, go into every single section, there's your evidence.

Good god man... You're fighting to prove yourself right, not the truth here:

I'm reading this: http://www.supportforums.net/showthread....#pid281557
Omni Wrote:That we now have less posts? That we now have less traffic? So what you had to sometimes read and report LQP. If anything that's ACTIVITY

He see's it as activity, not HQ content, and admits all the LQP's that went around, and when you say SF was not HF's puppet, how come Omni directly states that the lack in activity/traffic/posts/content here is a direct result of removing just that one award which linked this site to HF? If you still believe yourself here, then there's something seriously wrong...

Quote:well, the fact I've had two "big-boards" now sort of suggest I've got some form of experience in this discussion

The fact that you've also heavily became a puppet of most of Omni's big boards to get there too... Doesn't really suggest that you have knowledge with SEO other than the fact that you've got your own strategies. Maybe you've read a couple SEO blogs? Taken some self-initiative to learn somewhat? But it still doesn't mean much. Just like in programming, one can read all he wants, but it takes practice and time to actually learn what you see on paper.

Quote:probably a lot more than you do.

Because you've had 2 big boards? lol. I've been doing this for a career 'backstage' for 4 years of my life before I started programming, now it's a hobby. Only they were real websites, not forums, which is a lot harder to attract activity to and get the high ranks on Google in my opinion.

I didn't come here to try to boast about webskills though, that's the audacity that this site gains from some HF members though i'm sure.

Quote:Jesus, I never thought you'd stoop so low to try and win a debate, it's ridiculous

And I am 'stooping' low here? Give your head a shake, I was giving you statistical facts backed up by evidence that you could have looked up yourself based on what i've said about the bans page and such other discussions i've been in with other members who see eye to eye with me here because they were also more of the everyday visitors and HQ regular members on this forum at the time the feather was around, not just a 'lurker'. You're attacking me on a personal matter here and trying to compare me to you.

There's some serious contradictions here with the things you're trying to accuse me of, when you're really the only one doing them.

Quote:I understand the hate for the SF feather, but I also understand how it helps the forum. Maybe you should too bro.

I seen how it did help out, and you know why there's such contrast in having it and not having it here? Because Omni is not doing anything at all here otherwise. I don't see him taking time to make contests here or make the graphics battle section go or anything to actually increase the forum's well-being 'manually' if that's what you want to call it. Again, i've been here and we've all waited 2 years just for him to add 2 groups... Now we're at a standstill again--And all because the feather award is gone? I don't think so, unfortunately an Administrator's job is not that easy, it takes a bit more work than letting an award get you ALL the benefits.

You, being a self-proclaimed forum expert then, surely perhaps you yourself can realize this too? Because if you do not, i'd have to question where this experience has lead you.

EDIT: Just look at the evidence in the Today's posts link lol, we went from 4 pages of new posts (when the feather was still around), in threads, to now only 8 items in that list since the feather was removed? Most i've seen was a page in a half to 2 pages ever since the feather was removed. Tells you clearly how much the feather was relied on, and nothing else here had an influence like the HF connection did. Now the question - What's being done right now to get us activity? (And we're not an HF puppet here? I could chuckle at that)

You want to know what else I see?
[Image: vunIx.png]

It looks to me that it's basically all new posts for others trying to sell something and benefit themselves, using this forum for their own personal gain. Nothing really with intention to contribute to the forum. I see one other post in the fun forums area in there, along with my latest post in this thread, that's it. We could just turn this into the Marketing forum that you once had based on this lol.

(This time actually read my full post too if you have any intentions on replying back, otherwise I know you'll be picking and choosing out the parts like I know you did this time as you'd forgotten some of my main points outlined in my last reply.)

EDIT: That's a long time you've been staring at my profile too btw (~1 hour so far?). Being a good lurker I see. But you want to act and try to tell me that you know what's going on here? This is like the other times i've had debates with you or seen you having debates with others, your prescence is somewhere else most of the time (WWEForums?). How could you possibly know what's really going on when you aren't here paying much attention? The time you spend on WWEForums, I used to be that kind of member spending that much time here on SF (when we had the feather award still).
You need to chill guys, I agree the activity has decreased drastically. But fighting over this, not worth time.
If you are willing to join SF Webmasters.
Honestly guys this thread has gone SO FAR off topic its not funny.
Cant see a reason to keep this open. Its just going to continue back and forth with no outcome.
Closed unless the boss decides otherwise.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Welcome Damink to Staff Omniscient 34 5,390 06-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Hazard