Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SF Feather Award No Longer Available
I see no reason in keeping this award, but I do have a problem with removing it to members who were already here.
I personally joined before this award was discontinued and checked this site atleast twice a day (as you'll be able to check), and I didn't spam for my posts as most members do. But now because I didn't spam my 10 posts and PM Sam I don't get the chance in getting this award? This isn't really fair.

The reason I joined this was for the award, but now I'll most likely stay as active as I am now posting on the threads I'm interested in and the I can help in. But honestly because I didn't spam I don't get the chance, that seems annoying to me and I would like it seen that all member that were JOINED before you made this decision receive this award of the elligible and stay active within this forum even if it means getting a higher post count, staying active or something.

Just letting you know my point of view, I'll admit I am pissed that I can't receive my award all my posts have been of the highest quality even though there very minimal.
Quote:I personally joined before this award was discontinued and checked this site atleast twice a day (as you'll be able to check), and I didn't spam for my posts as most members do. But now because I didn't spam my 10 posts and PM Sam I don't get the chance in getting this award? This isn't really fair.

It's completely fair, you hadn't hit the 100 post mark by 96 posts, nor did you hit the 10 posts for requesting eligibility from Sam. What is not fair is having members come here and spam for the award trashing a completely fine community, if, you look at it the other way arround. Playing the dice on devil's advocate there, but that's my point of view.

To put things into perspective for you here, you've only lost 4 posts. Big deal... Does this mean you'll go back to HF and never visit this community again? Is Omni supposed to reopen this award so you can get your 100 posts and leave SF like the rest do? You seem concerned about that award and not the community here, so what's the point in him reopening the award for users that have just started here for their award when it's going to be an issue in the future for newer people joining for this award and him closing it at a later date? They will only request that this award gets granted to them as well.

there have been users here that have joined in 2008 and still not even reached 10 or 100 posts. Why keep track of this if they decide to come back?

Quote:Just letting you know my point of view, I'll admit I am pissed that I can't receive my award all my posts have been of the highest quality even though there very minimal.

Again, in all respect here, you've only made 4 posts...

Back to this though:
Quote:The reason I joined this was for the award, but now I'll most likely stay as active as I am now posting on the threads I'm interested in and the I can help in.

Why do you want an award for HF if you're now interested in the SF community?

Not poking the stick at you, but i've heard the same claim OVER and OVER again about how members love this community and how active they will be, yet when they hit 100 posts they never come back.
(03-26-2012, 11:44 PM)AceInfinity Wrote:
Quote:I personally joined before this award was discontinued and checked this site atleast twice a day (as you'll be able to check), and I didn't spam for my posts as most members do. But now because I didn't spam my 10 posts and PM Sam I don't get the chance in getting this award? This isn't really fair.

It's completely fair, you hadn't hit the 100 post mark by 96 posts, nor did you hit the 10 posts for requesting eligibility from Sam. What is not fair is having members come here and spam for the award trashing a completely fine community, if, you look at it the other way arround. Playing the dice on devil's advocate there, but that's my point of view.

To put things into perspective for you here, you've only lost 4 posts. Big deal... Does this mean you'll go back to HF and never visit this community again? Is Omni supposed to reopen this award so you can get your 100 posts and leave SF like the rest do? You seem concerned about that award and not the community here, so what's the point in him reopening the award for users that have just started here for their award when it's going to be an issue in the future for newer people joining for this award and him closing it at a later date? They will only request that this award gets granted to them as well.

there have been users here that have joined in 2008 and still not even reached 10 or 100 posts. Why keep track of this if they decide to come back?

Well I can see you disagree and that fine, but lets put it like this. It wouldn't be hard to keep track of members who joined in 2008 like you mentioned, just note this date and any member who joined before that can simply personal message Jesse if they feel they deserve the award he can simply reply with a yes or no and thats that. Also you stated in the point of him reopening the award so I can get my 100 posts and then leave for HF, this isn't the case I quite enjoy it here and will most likely stay I simply havn't joined just so I can get my one hundred posts and leave thats why I made only three posts in the time I was here, its all I was interested in and I didn't feel like whoring my posts to get the award. I mean I did join to get the award, but that doesn't mean I won't stay its simply what bought me to the site. Its much like hackforums I joined just to remove a virus from my computer but once it was gone I joined because I liked the community.

Quote:Just letting you know my point of view, I'll admit I am pissed that I can't receive my award all my posts have been of the highest quality even though there very minimal.

Again, in all respect here, you've only made 4 posts...

I have only made four posts, but all of them have been high qualityand it seems your judging me because of this. The award was why I joined but as mentioned above it doesn't mean I won't stay, something has to attract you to a site and this was my reason

Quote:The reason I joined this was for the award, but now I'll most likely stay as active as I am now posting on the threads I'm interested in and the I can help in.

Why do you want an award for HF if you're now interested in the SF community?

Not poking the stick at you, but i've heard the same claim OVER and OVER again about how members love this community and how active they will be, yet when they hit 100 posts they never come back.

Well I'll pose this question to you, you joined up from hackforums and you received the award, wasn't this why you joined.
Quote:Also you stated in the point of him reopening the award so I can get my 100 posts and then leave for HF, this isn't the case I quite enjoy it here and will most likely stay I simply havn't joined just so I can get my one hundred posts and leave thats why I made only three posts in the time I was here, its all I was interested in and I didn't feel like whoring my posts to get the award

That's all nice and fine to hear, but i've heard it at least 100 times since I first joined and none of it meant anything, so it's not that i'm against you as a person, i'm just saying that it's not a guarantee by your word. Smile

Quote:I have only made four posts, but all of them have been high qualityand it seems your judging me because of this.

I'm not judging you, i'm judging what you have on the table, as i've mentioned, what is there to complain about in 4 posts that were meant to go towards a feather award? You only "lost" 4 posts, but if you really like this community then you wouldn't even see it that way, as it's going to the community as a sign of your appreciation for the community as you keep trying to say; you "quite endjoy it here".

Quote:Well I'll pose this question to you, you joined up from hackforums and you received the award, wasn't this why you joined.

I got that award at 1000 posts though, and you can ask anybody about that for a confirmation Smile I joined and stayed for the community, but I was a part of the other community so I didn't see a reason to not obtain what i'd already deserved (by 10 times over the requirements)

And here I am ~4500 posts later still.
Quote:I got that award at 1000 posts though, and you can ask anybody about that for a confirmation Smile I joined and stayed for the community, but I was a part of the other community so I didn't see a reason to not obtain what i'd already deserved (by 10 times over the requirements)

And here I am ~4500 posts later still.

So you think you deserved it at 100 posts though correct?
Also whats you hackforums username, do you still visit hackfroums?

(03-27-2012, 01:09 AM)Autopost Wrote: So you think you deserved it at 100 posts though correct?
Also whats you hackforums username, do you still visit hackfroums?

If I did, don't you think I would have asked for it 900 posts sooner when I hit 100 posts instead of at 1000? lol. I hardly visit there anymore. This community is 10 times more mature and knowledgeable. Forum member count is irrelevant.

What does this have to do with anything i've last outlined in my reply to you there? I'm having a hard time understanding that. I run my own forum as well. But i'm an administrator at 3 different forums and a moderator at 2 others. HF isn't one of them, and I have no interest there anyways whatsoever.
(03-27-2012, 01:12 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: If I did, don't you think I would have asked for it 900 posts sooner when I hit 100 posts instead of at 1000? lol. I hardly visit there anymore. This community is 10 times more mature and knowledgeable. Forum member count is irrelevant.

What does this have to do with anything i've last outlined in my reply to you there? I'm having a hard time understanding that.

Well I just wanted to know if this is you because I believe it is,
http://www.hackforums.net/member.php?act...uid=279157

Also, I think you did think you deserve it,
"i'd already deserved" meaning you felt you deserved it earlyer.

Also why the heck have you edited you post about four times lol, your trying to make your answer look perfect...

what do you think of this idea?
just remove the award from hackforums for past and future users.
Are you here to make a Philosophical argument against me or use common sense and stay on topic with the argumentative points i've already made towards you here?

Quote:what do you think of this idea?
just remove the award from hackforums for past and future users.

I'd say do it, and not just because I know Omni won't, because I don't care about things over there, you get negative rep on that community for speaking your mind, and just because people feel the power when they have Ub3r they will put that negative rep on you for no apparent reason other than to just try and make you look like you've done something wrong lol. It's pretty silly, and looking at that community, it's nothing in comparison to SF anyways regardless of the size here.

I'm an administrator on a graphics forum and 2 other tech forums and a moderator on MVP forums as well, so what purpose do I have to worry about what goes on with my account there, if you want me to make a point then tell Omni I give him permission to ban me there lol.

Only the "little kids" care about rep and awards there because they have no sense of achievement, and it's all masked by those awards and green points they get. That is why if you look at my forum i've done whatever I could to protect against that kind of abuse, and I haven't given anybody the opportunity to obtain a whole bunch of awards for non-sensible reasons.

AceInfinity - http://tech.reboot.pro
AceInfinity - http://sysnative.com/~sysnativ/forums/forum.php
Shadow - http://pimped-pixels.net

And I edited my post because sometimes I like to add to my post, I fix it as I type because I have those red underlines that show me when I have a spelling mistake.

Got anything else here before we go too far off topic now? I can't see you caring much about SF in the replies that you've just made to me.
(03-27-2012, 01:23 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: Are you here to make a Philosophical argument against me or use common sense and stay on topic with the argumentative points i've already made towards you here?

I'd say do it, and not just because I know Omni won't, because I don't care about things over there, you get negative rep on that community for speaking your mind, and just because people feel the power when they have Ub3r they will put that negative rep on you for no apparent reason other than to just try and make you look like you've done something wrong lol. It's pretty silly, and looking at that community, it's nothing in comparison to SF anyways regardless of the size here.

I'm an administrator on a graphics forum and 2 other tech forums and a moderator on MVP forums as well, so what purpose do I have to worry about what goes on with my account there, if you want me to make a point then tell Omni I give him permission to ban me there lol.

Only the "little kids" care about rep and awards there because they have no sense of achievement, and it's all masked by those awards and green points they get. That is why if you look at my forum i've done whatever I could to protect against that kind of abuse, and I haven't given anybody the opportunity to obtain a whole bunch of awards for non-sensible reasons.

So it was your account?
I care about these forums for different reasons I care on that one, If you don't care about rep and such on hackforums your stuffed.

Lets take an example, the coding section on there its actually quite helpfull.

Here:
(03-27-2012, 01:17 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: No more coders here... So sad lol. I know i'll get little replies on some of the threads I make here, but it's worth to share anyways...

Don't get me wrong by the looks of this forum it has a great community but it is small and quite often you won't find the help you need. If you have money on hackforums help is easy to find, and if you look in the right places you can find some pritty nice people.

All I'm saying is the award was here when I came and it should be here when I or anyone else wants to claim it, either it should be removed to all users or it should stay. Maybe just up the requirements.
You should have done this earlier.
If you are willing to join SF Webmasters.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bring back the feather! xadamxk 0 1,000 04-19-2016, 04:15 PM
Last Post: xadamxk
  Support Feather Award Omniscient 91 18,517 10-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Last Post: JonBD
  [Suggestion] Sticky Award Cronus 11 2,172 09-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Fly
  Question about "Support Feather Award" AnonymousPie 5 1,770 06-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Retribute
  Writing Award? Metapod 62 16,292 05-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Deity