Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Flinching/Reflexes
First - "[Image: F3llj.png]" I found that funny =]

But I think your problem is too much anxiety... I used to be somewhat similar, just try to chill more =]

-BDP
I'd kindly ask you to never post in the emotional support dection again. That's the worse advice I've ever seen.
Yes, that childhood trauma can be the cause of that.
I was beat up in school and off school at least 3-4 times a week for 9 years and I have the same problem as you do.
I can just flinch on the smallest things, like somebody raising his hand towards me slowly.

But I have always found it funny for me and I don't care what others think, ever tried thinking positively about it?
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
(03-21-2012, 06:07 AM)NekoChan Wrote: Yes, that childhood trauma can be the cause of that.
I was beat up in school and off school at least 3-4 times a week for 9 years and I have the same problem as you do.
I can just flinch on the smallest things, like somebody raising his hand towards me slowly.

But I have always found it funny for me and I don't care what others think, ever tried thinking positively about it?

What's postive about it? It embarreses me when others point in out. I don't like doing it, I feel like an idiot once I've done it.
You say it happened when you were bullied as well? Perhaps it wasn't the bullying, but the stress of it that caused your "twitch". This is called a nervous twitch, they're perfectly normal, but you should try to find the source of the stress and stop it, because that can cause some issues.
Quaero gloria stellarum.
This could very likely be because of the emotional trauma you suffered when you were younger. If I were you I would speak to a psychiatrist.
(03-21-2012, 02:45 PM)Alreiger Wrote: You say it happened when you were bullied as well? Perhaps it wasn't the bullying, but the stress of it that caused your "twitch". This is called a nervous twitch, they're perfectly normal, but you should try to find the source of the stress and stop it, because that can cause some issues.

It started when I was being bullied. I wouldn't say I'm currently under any stress to be honest, I'm not someone who bottles up how I feel, so things don't really way me down.

(03-21-2012, 04:07 PM)418 Wrote: This could very likely be because of the emotional trauma you suffered when you were younger. If I were you I would speak to a psychiatrist.

I am my own psychiatrist, lol. I don't need a head doctor to tell me what I already know. it doesn't effect me emotionally/mentally. I just wish I knew exactly why.
You told me you have ADHD, correct? Well, certain conditions such as Down's Syndrome, Autism, and ADHD, lead people to be affected more by tiny things; a small event that's made you angry could've left you a little mad, and so on, leaving you with stress. You could also be afflicted by muscle damage, have you ever injured yourself?
Quaero gloria stellarum.
(03-22-2012, 01:40 PM)Alreiger Wrote: You told me you have ADHD, correct? Well, certain conditions such as Down's Syndrome, Autism, and ADHD, lead people to be affected more by tiny things; a small event that's made you angry could've left you a little mad, and so on, leaving you with stress. You could also be afflicted by muscle damage, have you ever injured yourself?

I do have a problem with my right ankle. If I run on it, sometimes it will just give way and leave me in excruciating pain.
(03-22-2012, 02:02 PM)BreShiE Wrote: I do have a problem with my right ankle. If I run on it, sometimes it will just give way and leave me in excruciating pain.
Hmm, that usually wouldn't have any affect on your upper body muscles unless a nerve got crossed (I don't think that's even possible). The only real answer I could give you based off what you've told me, is that you've got a nerve / muscle condition, now it's up to your doctor to answer your problems. Victoire
Quaero gloria stellarum.