Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Domain and New Domain
We have two domains one old and one new. The issue exist for only one user, but everyone else works fine. The goal obviously is to log into the network using the new domain creds and still be able to access the old domain file system etc.
-
Well this is not a problem all except for one user who is actually a domain admin etc.. it asks this particular user to re-authenticate everytime he wants to access the old server, and it wants him to authenticate using the old domain creds.. the new domain creds will not work..hence why it is asking for authentication in the first place after logging in with the new creds. WHY?
Could it be anything to do with his browsers cache? Maybe his cache is still reading the old domain but not the new one...
(03-14-2012, 07:16 AM)BreShiE Wrote: Could it be anything to do with his browsers cache? Maybe his cache is still reading the old domain but not the new one...

If that was the case would I just clean the cache up? If so how do I do that.. I have an idea of what you mean but not quite.
(03-14-2012, 07:35 AM)jpayne Wrote: If that was the case would I just clean the cache up? If so how do I do that.. I have an idea of what you mean but not quite.

I doubt it will be your serves cache, as it's fine for you. Tell him to delete his browser's cache.
(03-14-2012, 09:05 AM)BreShiE Wrote: I doubt it will be your serves cache, as it's fine for you. Tell him to delete his browser's cache.

but it does the same thing on every computer
try /ipconfig flushdns

that should flush the DNS
(03-19-2012, 11:58 AM)RainbowDashFTW Wrote: try /ipconfig flushdns

that should flush the DNS

Why should I be doing anything specific to the PC when it happens to whichever computer I log into with his new domain login credentials?

In other words, the problem is his new domain creds does not authenticate to the old domain... why?

His privileges and security are set up the same on both domains when comparing to a user account that works.

(04-13-2012, 10:29 AM)jpayne Wrote: Why should I be doing anything specific to the PC when it happens to whichever computer I log into with his new domain login credentials?

In other words, the problem is his new domain creds does not authenticate to the old domain... why?

His privileges and security are set up the same on both domains when comparing to a user account that works.

not only that but I can ping \\server... so it knows what \\server is... it is not confused with dns..
do this go to run and write this ipconfig /flushdns and after that try removing cache and it should work fine now.
Flush your DNS and Clear your cache.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Check to see if a domain is working andrewjs18 5 1,771 10-09-2009, 09:13 AM
Last Post: andrewjs18