Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connection Issues
At work, sites keep losing connection. For a while is was just the MyBB site that wouldn't work, but it'd work through a proxy. Then one day the proxy stopped working. So I tried another. It worked for a few minutes, then stopped. I must have tried 20 proxies and they all did the exact same thing. It works for a few minutes then just times out and says it can't connect.

Then random other sites started doing the same, MyBB Central, Twitter, Facebook, my own sites, other forums... exact same thing, loads, loads, loads, times out. Even WhatPulse doesn't work, all I was doing with that was pulsing my keys/clicks once or twice a day, and the site downforeveryoneorjustme.com, which I was using to see if it was on my end or not, is doing the same too. What's even weirder is that the only part of mybboard.net that works is the dev site, no other part of the site works, but the dev site has always been fine.

I can't remember if they ping or not, I'll have to check tomorrow. My Windows firewall has been off, and it isn't just my laptop, my iPod Touch can't connect to the same sites either.

I work for an IT/software/hardware company and I know they're not blocking it because they've said themselves that blocking sites is pointless as it's easy to get around. My ISP are partners with who I work for, so they're not blocking stuff, they're all perfectly OK sites. The only correlation I can see between the sites is that they're sites I 'shouldn't really be on' whilst at work; we have a very relaxed working environment, and although they wouldn't mind me going on these sites occasionally during the day, I'm not really keen on asking them about it.

Anyone have any idea what might be blocking them??
MyBB Support Team Lead
Hi this is James.
I am having some issues regarding my network connection. It happens some times that when ever I connects the network or to try to open any site the error displays saying that network time out. Sometimes my network automatically disconnects itself and again get connected withing a few seconds. Is there any solution for that or what to do with that.
Thanks.
Wow I have never heard that before. Anyway, if I was you I would contact technical support if it only happens at work. They might be having an issue. Also, Is anyone else at work having this problem? That might point to it being your work places problem.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Individual connection speed limited danneracci 2 1,037 12-25-2019, 11:33 PM
Last Post: rickmartin.gt
  Internet Connection Issues Jangus 2 1,244 12-25-2019, 11:32 PM
Last Post: rickmartin.gt
  Internet connection issue mack1 1 786 05-01-2017, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Miltan
  Internet loses connection when some uses the phone Phisher 1 787 10-14-2013, 11:43 AM
Last Post: diana33
  wifi connection problem magnus1 4 1,169 04-18-2013, 09:54 AM
Last Post: Sam