Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More crashes, need Ace :3
My computer was getting bsods a few seconds after i logged in but not in safe mode due to a problem with iastor.sys. I tried doing some troubleshooting myself by stopping some processes and applications that weren't running in safe mode from starting in normal mode but I think that I may have stopped an important process or application from starting. Now I can't even get to the login screen, it automatically asks me to do startup repair or start normally; starting normally will just bring me back to that. The start up repair tells me that I cannot repair my computer automatically and:
ProblemEventName: StartUpRepairOffline
Problem signature 01 and 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: Unknown
Problem Signature 04: 21200372
Problem Signature
05: AutoFailover
06: 5
07: 0x8e
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

The diagnosis repair said that the root cause is: bugcheck 8e. parameters = 0x0000005, 0x8364db40, 0xb390176c, 0x0

Also, before the crashes I used a program called UnHack Me as an anti-rootkit for a variant of the google redirect virus(all requests to google were actually sent to something else(though it was masked with actual google) and search results were referral links for the virus owner) I had(which btw msse and norton didn't detect). UnHack Me also ran a few registry tests which might have caused problems. When I try to do a system restore I get an error(for all of the points): 0x800700b7. The startup repair command pompt also gives me problems:
sfc /scannow
Beginning system scan. This will take some time.
There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart windows and run sfc again.

chkdsk /r
The type of file system is NTFS.
Cannot lock current drive.
Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected.

The memory check also failed.

Also my specs are Windows 7 on a Dell Vostro Laptop, intel core duo processor.

I think that I provided a good amount of information,
Please help if you can
Been away for a few days... It would help with the actual dump file but that may be difficult in this situation.

Iastor.sys is the Intel RAID controller driver. Are you using RAID configuration in the BIOS? If not then disable RAID in the BIOS.

When you see something like this:
Quote:There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart windows and run sfc again.

That just means that there's still an entry in your pending "log" created and updated whenever preceeding changes to your system are still pending. This kernel mode exception may be a result of these unprocessed "changes" pending on your system, who knows.

Quote:Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected.

Ooh... That may be bad, but I won't assume things until I see further what is really going on here. Future step I may get you to see what you can see in your BIOS, but do not do anything in there at this point in time.

Have you installed any new hardware or made any changes to your system physically? I can't debug the address at 0x8364db40 from the stack, so just going by what I see in the basic analysis output from what you pasted. This appears to be a result of a memory access violation. Therefore I would recommend seeing what a memory diagnostic test will come out with:

Download and run Memtest86 on boot: http://www.memtest86.com
  • Download the latest Memtest86 and burn to disk from here: http://www.memtest.org/#downiso. (If you need software to do so I would highly recommend a program called ImgBurn, and it's also free)
  • Reboot your computer and boot from the CD drive for which you have your Memtest86 disk.
    • You may need to load the Boot menu which will enable you to choose a device to boot from, otherwise you'll have to change the boot order in the BIOS to boot from CD drives as first priority before the HDD
  • Make sure to let it run and do it's thing for about the first 6 tests. If it passes those, then everything should be good, otherwise any failure to pass those tests indicates a corruption in your memory.
  • If you get an error on one of the tests, then you should try by booting up your computer with each RAM inserted separately one at a time. When you find one that doesn't return any errors then test it in every single RAM slot to test for a bad socket.

Note: It's highly recommended that you put Memtest86 to a disk or a floppy as using a USB key just makes things more complicated than they need to be.

Do you know your BIOS version? How big is your hard drive? Something you can try is to switch your BIOS memory options off caching or shadowing (disable them). Reboot.

Otherwise do you have access to a repair disk for your Windows 7? I can give you further instructions to try through the command prompt option from that boot disk.

~Ace
This is nolonger a problem as my LCD screen just broke(apparently, according to Dell). I will just buy a new screen and get the harddrive replaced.
(03-18-2012, 01:26 PM)Sato Wrote: This is nolonger a problem as my LCD screen just broke(apparently, according to Dell). I will just buy a new screen and get the harddrive replaced.

Dang, It seems like your computer must hate you :/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [New Release] Aero WinShark (Coded by Ace) AceInfinity 20 4,172 09-15-2011, 09:45 PM
Last Post: ₠o™