Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[WIP] Juiced - MyBB Theme [WIP]
I'm not a big fan to be honest. It looks a bit bland and boring.
The icons don't suit the theme.
The colours and background don't work well together.
The navigation looks randomly placed.
The black borders kill the whole feel to the theme.
The CSS buttons look amateur.
The logo is horrid lol.

Sorry to be negative but I don't think any of it works.
(03-11-2012, 10:22 AM)Fragma Wrote: I'm not a big fan to be honest. It looks a bit bland and boring.
The icons don't suit the theme.
The colours and background don't work well together.
The navigation looks randomly placed.
The black borders kill the whole feel to the theme.
The CSS buttons look amateur.
The logo is horrid lol.

Sorry to be negative but I don't think any of it works.

I have to agree with Fragma, this looks incredibly generic. What you could do is use this as a basis for a slight re-haul, it's not that bad and with a few gradients and colour choice changes, this would look great. Thumbsup
Quaero gloria stellarum.
Breshie, I have no grudge. If you ever made a god theme I'd acknowledged it.
Well everyone has their opinions. I think I'm just going to stop creating threads here from now on, people just can't be supportive.
(03-11-2012, 01:43 PM)BreShiE Wrote: Well everyone has their opinions. I think I'm just going to stop creating threads here from now on, people just can't be supportive.

What do you expect from posting here? People are going to give you constructive (or not so constructive) criticism. It's good, it's just missing extra detail.
Quaero gloria stellarum.
So you're going to stop posting because no one here realizes your amazing talent?

Get real.
(03-11-2012, 03:21 PM)Peter L Wrote: So you're going to stop posting because no one here realizes your amazing talent?

Get real.

Did I say that? No. Your ignorance amazes me. I meant that I'm going to stop creating threads, because no one even remotely tries to be nice. Instead I get immature users like yourself just constantly posting how bad it is. If it was me I'd explain to the person what they could change and give them confidence to carry on doing what they do. People like you are like leaches, just suck the life out of everything.
(03-11-2012, 07:46 AM)Crystal Wrote: I dont have any money atm moment but I think by the time ur theme gets ready I will have the $$ .. Please update this thread once u finish with the theme..

I'm trying to think of some ideas on what to do/change with the theme. If you have any ideas let me know.
(03-11-2012, 04:50 PM)BreShiE Wrote: Did I say that? No. Your ignorance amazes me. I meant that I'm going to stop creating threads, because no one even remotely tries to be nice. Instead I get immature users like yourself just constantly posting how bad it is. If it was me I'd explain to the person what they could change and give them confidence to carry on doing what they do. People like you are like leaches, just suck the life out of everything.

You don't need to say it for it to be prominent. It is obvious that is what you meant. I told you how to improve, not nicely but I told you how to improve. Not everybody is going to be nice to you, Breshie. That is not ignorance like you say, that is life.

I'm not going to sit here and say "you're really improving Breshie! In a few months you'll be making great themes" because I would be lying. You haven't improved one bit and your themes still suck. I'm not going to give false confidence, that is worse than what I am doing.

(03-11-2012, 05:12 PM)Peter L Wrote: You don't need to say it for it to be prominent. It is obvious that is what you meant. I told you how to improve, not nicely but I told you how to improve. Not everybody is going to be nice to you, Breshie. That is not ignorance like you say, that is life.

I'm not going to sit here and say "you're really improving Breshie! In a few months you'll be making great themes" because I would be lying. You haven't improved one bit and your themes still suck. I'm not going to give false confidence, that is worse than what I am doing.

I haven't improved? Lol.

[Image: se.png]
[Image: IVUdY.png]

Looks like a pretty big improvement to me. Fair enough my taste in colour isn't exactly the best, I know that, but I don't have a little fashion artist sat on my shoulder telling me what colours go together. I tried taking a look at kuler.adobe.com and couldn't grasp the idea, and when I tried to incorporate one, it looked ugly.

I believe the way I'm styling my themes is getting better, I just need to get a better sense of colour. To be honest, I don't care if you don't like me. I just wish you'd say things a bit nicer sometimes, it's a bit spirit crushing to see someone flaming everything you're proud of.
(03-11-2012, 04:50 PM)BreShiE Wrote: Did I say that? No. Your ignorance amazes me. I meant that I'm going to stop creating threads, because no one even remotely tries to be nice. Instead I get immature users like yourself just constantly posting how bad it is. If it was me I'd explain to the person what they could change and give them confidence to carry on doing what they do. People like you are like leaches, just suck the life out of everything.

Peter happened to be the only one coming off as bitter; everyone else either gave you a positive reception or told you the faults in a kind manner.
Edit: By the way, I love that Surely Elegant theme, green works incredibly with dark gray.
Quaero gloria stellarum.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gamer - Premium Mybb Theme Jitty 1 882 06-28-2013, 04:47 AM
Last Post: https
  Orange Peel - MyBB theme by biasa199 biasa199 14 2,306 06-02-2012, 08:26 AM
Last Post: AdminKorner
  Violent Fire [MyBB Theme] Released Peter L 5 1,539 03-12-2012, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Peter L
  Ambient 1.0 - MyBB Theme Completed BreShiE 22 3,840 03-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Last Post: BreShiE
  B-Orange -- My first mybb theme Crystal 12 4,487 02-29-2012, 10:34 AM