Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[WIP] Juiced - MyBB Theme [WIP]
(03-11-2012, 05:20 PM)BreShiE Wrote: I haven't improved? Lol.

[Image: se.png]
[Image: IVUdY.png]

Looks like a pretty big improvement to me. Fair enough my taste in colour isn't exactly the best, I know that, but I don't have a little fashion artist sat on my shoulder telling me what colours go together. I tried taking a look at kuler.adobe.com and couldn't grasp the idea, and when I tried to incorporate one, it looked ugly.

I believe the way I'm styling my themes is getting better, I just need to get a better sense of colour. To be honest, I don't care if you don't like me. I just wish you'd say things a bit nicer sometimes, it's a bit spirit crushing to see someone flaming everything you're proud of.

See, that is a reply I can respect after the initial "Lol."

Instead of saying "peter stfu u ignorant ass" be honest with me and I'll respect you.
(03-11-2012, 05:21 PM)Alreiger Wrote: Peter happened to be the only one coming off as bitter; everyone else either gave you a positive reception or told you the faults in a kind manner.
Edit: By the way, I love that Surely Elegant theme, green works incredibly with dark gray.

Yes I know but there's other forums too, it crushes me lol.

Also, thanks. I liked it too but it was nothing special. That's why I created this one.

What colour scheme would work with this one?
(03-11-2012, 05:38 PM)BreShiE Wrote: Yes I know but there's other forums too, it crushes me lol.

Also, thanks. I liked it too but it was nothing special. That's why I created this one.

What colour scheme would work with this one?
On this one, keep the colour scheme but use gradients in areas where you see it's lacking. And those buttons need to go, try making them smaller and also throwing a gradient on them (if there's none around the buttons, that is).
Quaero gloria stellarum.
(03-11-2012, 05:41 PM)Alreiger Wrote: On this one, keep the colour scheme but use gradients in areas where you see it's lacking. And those buttons need to go, try making them smaller and also throwing a gradient on them (if there's none around the buttons, that is).

I've never been good at making gradients. Here's a quick try.

Blue/Black:
[Image: Cozrb.png]

Blue/White:
[Image: YPc3v.png]

Blue/Darker Blue:
[Image: nKIdk.png]

Actually I like the blue/white gradient. I might try that on the theme, what do you think?
(03-11-2012, 05:48 PM)BreShiE Wrote: I've never been good at making gradients. Here's a quick try.

Blue/Black:
[Image: Cozrb.png]

Blue/White:
[Image: YPc3v.png]

Blue/Darker Blue:
[Image: nKIdk.png]

Actually I like the blue/white gradient. I might try that on the theme, what do you think?
Yeah, that looks pretty good, I also liked the darker blue as well.
Quaero gloria stellarum.
A gradient isn't supposed to change colors like that. Just find a color you like in Photoshop, that is the main color. Then move it down about 1.5 inches and that is your second color. There is your gradient.
(03-11-2012, 06:02 PM)Peter L Wrote: A gradient isn't supposed to change colors like that. Just find a color you like in Photoshop, that is the main color. Then move it down about 1.5 inches and that is your second color. There is your gradient.

Really? I always thought a gradient was a transition of two different colours? Hmmm. Let me try a gradient of the same colour.
It can be whatever you want, but if you want it to look nice it must be gradual and consistent.
Full Preview:

Eh its needs alot of work but its progress

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gamer - Premium Mybb Theme Jitty 1 882 06-28-2013, 04:47 AM
Last Post: https
  Orange Peel - MyBB theme by biasa199 biasa199 14 2,298 06-02-2012, 08:26 AM
Last Post: AdminKorner
  Violent Fire [MyBB Theme] Released Peter L 5 1,536 03-12-2012, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Peter L
  Ambient 1.0 - MyBB Theme Completed BreShiE 22 3,766 03-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Last Post: BreShiE