Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KONY is a fraud.
Lmao how can you take that guy seriously Damink?
He sounds x10 more messed up that Kony does lol.

Here are my thoughts:
Yes the IC org have realised that by going viral, they will make lots of money. So I'm starting to see that they don't actually care too much about the situation in Uganda, but care more about making money off people.
They have exaggerated facts to make their campaign seem stronger.
Kony has been out of the picture for about 6 years now.
The Ugandan government are just as bad, if not worse, than Kony.
There are lots of other problems in Africa that won't be solved any time soon.

However, having said that, if you push the whole "Invisible Children" thing out of the equation:
Kony is still an evil man, and should be arrested.
American troops are NOT going into Africa to kill, or arrest Kony, they are there to advise the Ugandan army.
(Not that it makes a difference. In fact advising the Ugandan army is probably worse than doing it themselves).
I WILL support the notion to capture Kony, just as I support the notion to capture any murderer/kidnapper/etc...
To think that there's an underlying reason for the whole campaign, other than for the IC to make a lot of money, (I.E. America planning to invade Africa for their oil or what-be-it), is in my opinion, simply paranoia. I think that's looking too much into things, and expecting the worst out of people. I may be wrong, but if every time somebody tries to do some good, you think straight away they're up to something bad, then how are you ever going to live a happy lifestyle?

Basically:
Invisible Children = Bad organisation, after your money.
Kony = Should be arrested as soon as possible.

I don't think there is anything else to the whole situation.
[Image: StxN8.jpg]

I found this picture quite interesting. I created a thread on another forum about what I think on this subject. If you want to see it I'll post here.
(03-12-2012, 08:45 AM)BreShiE Wrote: [Image: StxN8.jpg]

I found this picture quite interesting. I created a thread on another forum about what I think on this subject. If you want to see it I'll post here.

I think that pictures quite stupid to be honest. It implies that those sharing the campaign online don't care about what's going on in Uganda, and only share so people think they care. Yes, that may be the case for some, but I find it quite insulting as I do care.
(03-12-2012, 08:37 AM)Fragma Wrote: Lmao how can you take that guy seriously Damink?
He sounds x10 more messed up that Kony does lol.

Here are my thoughts:
Yes the IC org have realised that by going viral, they will make lots of money. So I'm starting to see that they don't actually care too much about the situation in Uganda, but care more about making money off people.
They have exaggerated facts to make their campaign seem stronger.
Kony has been out of the picture for about 6 years now.
The Ugandan government are just as bad, if not worse, than Kony.
There are lots of other problems in Africa that won't be solved any time soon.

However, having said that, if you push the whole "Invisible Children" thing out of the equation:
Kony is still an evil man, and should be arrested.
American troops are NOT going into Africa to kill, or arrest Kony, they are there to advise the Ugandan army.
(Not that it makes a difference. In fact advising the Ugandan army is probably worse than doing it themselves).
I WILL support the notion to capture Kony, just as I support the notion to capture any murderer/kidnapper/etc...
To think that there's an underlying reason for the whole campaign, other than for the IC to make a lot of money, (I.E. America planning to invade Africa for their oil or what-be-it), is in my opinion, simply paranoia. I think that's looking too much into things, and expecting the worst out of people. I may be wrong, but if every time somebody tries to do some good, you think straight away they're up to something bad, then how are you ever going to live a happy lifestyle?

Basically:
Invisible Children = Bad organisation, after your money.
Kony = Should be arrested as soon as possible.

I don't think there is anything else to the whole situation.

Not sure if you heard or not but today it become clear the Australian SAS are over in Africa doing well..... They wont say.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-03-13/sm...ca/3885868

Often the SAS are put into places for recon work before something bigger is to happen.
If i remember in Iraq the Aussie SAS were sent in to secure the oil fields before the war started.
Just saying dont be fooled by what you hear on the news. Things are going on we dont know about.
Why the US would want that region? Perhaps the oil or the diamonds im not sure.
I would not be surprised in the slightest if there is something looming within Africa that will "warrent" a US strike or invasion of sorts.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

I agree with OP, I believe this is a scam. Mainly because Kony has not been sighted for 10-20 years, and is 10-20 years over the life expectancy in Uganda.
The whole Kony story doesn't make any sense to me, he captures kid, gives them guns, makes them shoot their parents but they don't shoot the guy that captured them.
I'm so glad that I started a good conversation thread.
My family breeds cats, I know a lot about them, and I probably know more then you about them. Am I saying that I'm better then everyone with Cats on Support Forums? No.
I just know more then most.
You make a very good point here. I am not sure what i really believe about it at this point.
Thought I'd share this all with you:
http://www.lracrisistracker.com/

It seems that the LRA are in fact still active, just not in Uganda.
The latest recorded incident involving the LRA was March 11th 2012, only 3 days ago.
In this incident, a truck was robbed in North Congo, and a woman was shot in the leg.
On the same day, they abducted 3 men, albeit the men were released later on that day.

Just thought some of you might be interested in knowing that this is a problem that is still occurring.

---

I've been reading a bit more through the recent incidents, and almost every time they've abducted somebody, they've then released them later on in the same day.
Leads me to believe they are no longer forming an army of sorts, and are literally just robbing food and clothes. This fact, and the fact that they've fled Uganda, says to me that they're not as powerful as they once were.
Jan 1, 2012:
Robbed 15 yr old boy, let him go.
Robbed 9 yr old boy, let him go.

Jan 8-10, 2012:
Looted a few different areas.

Jan 15, 2012:
Abducted woman & daughter. Let both go later on.

Jan 22, 2012:
Abducted 6 children/woman.
Robbed a few people.

Feb 3, 2012:
Robbed 3 houses.
Shot woman in leg.
16 yr old boy escaped capture.

Feb 8, 2012:
Abducted 4 people. Later released them all.
Looted shops, abducting shop owner. Later released.
Looted food etc...

Feb 12, 2012:
4 men escape capture.
Fisherman shot in hand.

Feb 19, 2012:
Woman abducted. Later released.
Man and woman released.

I could go on and on but you get the gist of it. Basically it looks as though they just go around robbing people at the minute.
Yeh that's bad, but it's not quite as bad as the IC were trying to imply.

I also don't see how little 12 year olds posting Kony is going to help, I mean, out of the millions of people, how many do you actually think HELP?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  STOP KONY §ynHax™ 22 2,329 03-17-2012, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Candyshop
  +REP Fraud mon3yexploit 6 1,060 03-13-2012, 06:52 PM
Last Post: Sam
  Kony 2012 - Please Read Fragma 26 2,899 03-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Gootch