Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Visual Basic Guide - Buttons
Visual Basic Guide - Buttons
This will be a simple guide on buttons and what to do with them.

To start, you will need to download Visual Basic 2010.
Do so by going here.

Then, create a new project and press ok.

1 - Adding a Button

2 - Assigning the button a task

3 - Form2 + Other Codes

4 - Saving your program

Thank you for reading my tutorial.
I will be making more Visual Basic tutorials in the future.

I look forward to seeing vb tutorials here, haven't seen contributions in this section for a long time.

you can also assign a handler to it:
Code:
AddHandler Button1.Click, AddressOf Testing

Code:
Private Sub Testing()
    MsgBox("Test")
End Sub
(03-08-2012, 01:28 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: I look forward to seeing vb tutorials here, haven't seen contributions in this section for a long time.

you can also assign a handler to it:
Code:
AddHandler Button1.Click, AddressOf Testing

Code:
Private Sub Testing()
    MsgBox("Test")
End Sub

Thumbsup
Maybe to change that around, you can make a tut? :O
I am starting up a VB school on my own forum so i'm full for time on making tutorials dedicated for SF Smile But I am making as much I can for the basics. It is very boring though when you have to put yourself in the shoes of a beginner however, so It's been a little slow making them, but lots of content so far before those school forums open up.

I wouldn't be sure of what people would want to know about though even if I was to make just a simple tutorial here.
The tutorial's quite good, but your ToolBox is where others' wont be. So that could be confusing for the beginners, they will be looking for the TB where yours is. You should also try going into a bit more detail with what you can do with the button, like MsgBox, MessageBox, start process, kill process etc... Also try to incorporate some action with a textbox.

E.G: write something in the TextBox and whey they click the Button1 it would show them what was in the text. Basic stuff but it looks good to a beginner.
This is intended for only level 1 learners, only the extreme basics.
(03-09-2012, 03:30 AM)Photoshop Wrote: This is intended for only level 1 learners, only the extreme basics.

Message Boxes are the absolute basics, you can't get any easier that that lol.
(03-09-2012, 10:59 AM)BreShiE Wrote: Message Boxes are the absolute basics, you can't get any easier that that lol.
Still, this guide was mostly about getting the buttons to open but a different form.
My next tutorial will be BASIC if statements.

I personally don't think super basic tutorials like this will help anyone as there's ample of content already available on the web which goes into a lot more detail than you would have done here. There's lots of online information available in much detail, and I think it would be more beneficial if you make something unique.
(03-09-2012, 06:26 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: I personally don't think super basic tutorials like this will help anyone as there's ample of content already available on the web which goes into a lot more detail than you would have done here. There's lots of online information available in much detail, and I think it would be more beneficial if you make something unique.

This.

But at-least you're trying to contribute, unlike other members I've seen around here lately.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How To make an advanced Operating System in Visual Basic 2010 ? Mohamed Samir 9 11,381 01-15-2013, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Resistance
  [Visual Basic] FTP Uploader [Tutorial] Coding Support 6 2,665 08-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Last Post: Kenneth
  Visual Studio Bill Nye The Science Guy 1 872 03-19-2012, 09:08 AM
Last Post: BreShiE
  Visual Basic Guides, Tutorials, Web Resources, and E-books Compilation simply_mark 1 1,587 11-16-2011, 06:30 AM
Last Post: TalishHF
  [HELP] Visual Basic JusCaus 5 1,226 11-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Party