Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kony 2012 - Please Read
(03-08-2012, 06:58 PM)Thomas Wrote: Honestly how I see it is that it's not our problem. From a United States perspective we're in major debt and have crime problems of our own. My guess is that Kony is also supplied arms from Russia so if we get involved (militarily speaking) they will become angry because they are loosing money. Also, the organization Invisible Children which is saying they are helping only donates something around 30% to the children in Africa, that is approaching fraud. It's been going on for years, and I see no reason why it should come up now. There are many other dictators in third world countries doing just as bad of things, but a whole bunch of teenagers feel that sharing the story on Facebook will be them doing "their part".

You're right, it probably wont make much of a difference, but how will anybody ever know unless we try?? Everybody talks about how pointless sharing a video, or whatever is on the internet, which when one person does it, yeh it's not going to make much of an impact, but when millions upon millions of people all do the same thing, the internet can turn into a very powerful tool. That's already been proven through the popularity of Kony 2012...

I really don't understand the amount of criticism towards this campaign.
Yes, fair enough, don't donate if you don't want to. There seem to be a lot of valid negative points with IC and their finances, but people seem to be looking into this far too much..
You don't have to donate..
Yes there are other problems in the world, many of which are also trying to be solved through similar organisations.

What exactly do people have a problem with??
It's like if I saw someone getting beaten up in the street, and went and helped them...
Would you criticise me for helping because "it's not my problem", and "helping one person doesn't make any difference in the world"??
It seems to me like the people complaining are just finding something new and in the public eye to complain about.
Even if this whole campaign only saves one child out of thousands, in my eyes, it would be worth the few minutes I've spent sharing a link online..

Oh, and in response to Neko, yet again, you fail to actually back your opinion up with an intellectual post. I understand your thoughts, but honestly the way you express them is borderline retarded.
Just so you all know, they do share their financial statements publicly:
www.invisiblechildren.com/financials

They have also released a statement in regards to the critique they have received:
http://www.invisiblechildren.com.s3-webs...iques.html
Sorry bro, I am just strictly speaking my mind, I write what comes up.
This is a forum, not a school essay, I don't mind what I write.

I don't really hate the campaign, but I hate how people share it for popularity and trying to look cool.
And in reality we should all know there are more problems and we can't just put all the effort on this one.

Not to mention politically it's impossible to "unite" for us, because everyone want's to be on the top, equality don't exist, it's a dream.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
(03-09-2012, 03:12 AM)NekoChan Wrote: I hate how people share it for popularity and trying to look cool.

That, I do agree with. There's always a minority of people who follow the crowd because they think it will make them popular. The whole SOPA campaign springs to mind.
This thread is just the spread the word though, not to try and look cool.
I totally understand that there are a lot of issues within the whole Kony 2012 thing, such as IC finances, other problems in Africa, the Ugandan government, etc.. So in reality, this probably won't change much, but if someone thinks that it can make a difference (IC), and all they're asking for is to spread the word, then I have no problem in doing so. Like I said before, it takes no time at all for me to post a link here and there.
I've donated $10, but that's all I'll be donating.

Just to be clear, I support the notion to try and catch Joseph Kony, but I don't fully support the IC organisation.

Thanks for the decent reply.
I am not saying you are doing it for that reason.

But with every campaign those idiots come who just jump the wagon and crap.
Same with ACTA in my country, idiotic children protest against it IRL and they don't even know crap about it.

That ruins the campaign for me.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
I don't care if people don't know about ACTA and want to protest about it, the more people the better. But that's off topic.

I started a debate on a different forum, who've created a forum just for debates, just for this "Fony 2012" and it seems to be going quite well so far, I can't wait for Omni to start that debate forum.

I thought this picture was pretty funny, posted it on my facebook and got quite a bit of hate!
I saw this video already. News spreads fast over the internet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  KONY is a fraud. ABlackFedora 24 2,796 03-18-2012, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Candyshop
  STOP KONY §ynHax™ 22 2,255 03-17-2012, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Candyshop
  Giants Win Super Bowl 2012 Omniscient 13 1,688 02-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Last Post: JUAN9087™
  MSDN Subscription 2012 AceInfinity 20 2,697 02-04-2012, 11:26 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  AceInfinity - New Microsoft MVP (2012) AceInfinity 41 6,902 01-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity