Poll: Do you believe we are going to be hit by a meteor?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
21.74%
5 21.74%
No
78.26%
18 78.26%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Deadly asteroid headed for earth (poll)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPn5W7KtF0o[/youtube]

Found this interesting and thought i would share it.
Here is the actual site that he talks about.

http://rt.com/news/paint-asteroid-earth-nasa-767/

Your views?
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

I personally think it's good news if true, but people are so insecure about the world coming to an end that they make it a bigger deal than it really is in my opinion. If the world does happen to have a super doom day, attempts are nice, but if it's really something disasterous, it's going to happen, end of story. We can't even stop the destructive forces of a Tsunami or an Earthquake, or even a tornado, lol. And we expect to avoid planets and asteroids from hitting us?

Whatever happens happens, that's the way I view it. I'll enjoy my day, take work off, see if anything happens, then if it doesn't, i'll move on. That's about as much as an everyday person can do. Why worry about it if you can't do anything to contribute to preventative measures? I'm going to assume that nobody here is from NASA, or part of a high government ranking.

Seems cool though for news of the day Smile Thanks for sharing.
To be fair its not a huge asteroid.

"NASA confirms the 60-meter (197-feet) asteroid, spotted by Spanish stargazers in February, has a good chance of colliding with Earth in eleven months."

I am interested to see where exactly its expected to hit....
Cant help but wonder if they will make that public info.
Anarcy could follow if they do i imagine.
Not now but as the day draws closer. Lets say its going to hit Indonesia or something like that.
Absoute caos would be the result prior to the event if it was made public i imagine.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

See this link:

http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/risk/2012da14.html

The guy mentions in the video (2012 DA14) is the name. I searched this on the NASA site and they don't seem too worried lol.

Reading through other articles and found it has like a 99.98% chance of missing earth or something.
Weird thing is that, he says March 3rd. He has to be in America, well, most likely, and this was posted yesterday, March 2nd. So its weird how he read a post in the future...
Well, an astroid big enough to destroy civilization is most likely going to come at one time. It's probably happened before. The question is is whether it will come before we are able to colonize other planets. But as for the OP, I don't think one big enough to kill a big portion of the Earth. And like you said, it's only around 60 meters. Isn't that small enough to burn up before it reaches the ground?
The asteroid in going to hit in 2032, the government will more than likely prepare for it and have missiles to destroy it into smaller pieces, if the meteor hits in the current size it will wipe out 50% of the worlds population.

(03-04-2012, 05:29 AM)Untitled Wrote: Well, an astroid big enough to destroy civilization is most likely going to come at one time. It's probably happened before.

The Dinosaurs?...

[Image: huh.gif]

(03-03-2012, 08:49 PM)fanta Wrote: Weird thing is that, he says March 3rd. He has to be in America, well, most likely, and this was posted yesterday, March 2nd. So its weird how he read a post in the future...

He's Australian, if you've seen a few of his posts you'll see his slang when he posts, lol. Australia is 12 hours ahead of the UK and 18+ hours ahead of the US.
(03-03-2012, 06:08 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: To be fair its not a huge asteroid.

"NASA confirms the 60-meter (197-feet) asteroid, spotted by Spanish stargazers in February, has a good chance of colliding with Earth in eleven months."

I am interested to see where exactly its expected to hit....
Cant help but wonder if they will make that public info.
Anarcy could follow if they do i imagine.
Not now but as the day draws closer. Lets say its going to hit Indonesia or something like that.
Absoute caos would be the result prior to the event if it was made public i imagine.

lol this doesn't really matter though, if you had an idea of how fast that thing would be going, it's the impact that people should be more focused on. If it hits a part on earth where there is water (more than 70% of the target of earth itself I believe) It's going to cause massive waves, and if it hits the right location, could be very devastating for a country that is on the edge and does have a coastline that touches a body of water part of the ocean itself and not just a lake, the Tsunami there will kill at least quite a few people.

BreShiE Wrote:The asteroid in going to hit in 2032, the government will more than likely prepare for it and have missiles to destroy it into smaller pieces, if the meteor hits in the current size it will wipe out 50% of the worlds population.

You don't know that though, the government can produce all the lies they want behind our backs without us knowing. What if they don't want to cause a huge panic immediately until they figure something out? Same with NASA, so if the top people aren't worried, then what will make others worried? If NASA starts worrying, then it would "seem" everybody is doomed. They all know there's no sense in raising a panic in any case as it won't solve anything, and only contribute to the problem at hand.
I've studied the meteor, I've done a little research into it and it will hit in 2032-2034. I just assume that the government(s) will do something to defend the planet, helps me sleep at night.
(03-04-2012, 08:02 AM)BreShiE Wrote: I've studied the meteor, I've done a little research into it and it will hit in 2032-2034. I just assume that the government(s) will do something to defend the planet, helps me sleep at night.

You've calculated that based on your advanced physics skills firsthand?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Timelapse of the ISS flying over Earth alabama 0 532 09-19-2011, 10:26 PM
Last Post: alabama
  [POLL] NCAA '11, UConn or Butler? Scalise 5 1,081 04-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Scalise
  3 Large Objects will approach the earth in 2012 Project- 9 2,773 12-30-2010, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Peter L
  [POLL] What username should i have? Simba 53 14,799 08-14-2010, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Fragma
  Earth 2100 Videos. Opinions? SlaKe! 2 557 04-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Last Post: SlaKe!