Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death
(02-29-2012, 03:13 PM)JDBar Wrote: You were not conscious, and then one day somehow you were. Whether or not that comes from a god, that is a special thing to experience.

Does someone need to be told about "The Birds and The Bee's" ?..
BreShiE Wrote:EDIT: @Ace, lay off the guy a little mate. He's open to his own opinion, although he shouldn't try to put it forward as a fact.

I know he is, and as am I. But stating something from opinion to fact is where I point out the inaccuracies, that's all.

(02-29-2012, 03:18 PM)BreShiE Wrote: Does someone need to be told about "The Birds and The Bee's" ?..

No, I think what he meant is whether our beginning life existence came from a God or not. As we didn't just start life because of our parents, our parents started life because of 2 other people, and before that, and before that, but we don't know where it starts. God? Chemical reaction from some unknown source?
(02-29-2012, 03:18 PM)BreShiE Wrote: Does someone need to be told about "The Birds and The Bee's" ?..

Does someone need to be told about some simple Cartesian dualist philosophy?
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]
(02-29-2012, 04:25 PM)AceInfinity Wrote:
BreShiE Wrote:EDIT: @Ace, lay off the guy a little mate. He's open to his own opinion, although he shouldn't try to put it forward as a fact.

I know he is, and as am I. But stating something from opinion to fact is where I point out the inaccuracies, that's all.

I know, but the way you posted it could've been taken as a personal attack, as he did. Let's wait for him to post again.

AceInfinity Wrote:No, I think what he meant is whether our beginning life existence came from a God or not. As we didn't just start life because of our parents, our parents started life because of 2 other people, and before that, and before that, but we don't know where it starts. God? Chemical reaction from some unknown source?

Yeah, I know. I wasn't being serious with that post, just thought it'd be funny because of the way he worded it.

(02-29-2012, 04:26 PM)JDBar Wrote:

Does someone need to be told about some simple Cartesian dualist philosophy?

Ouch. Seems like I hit a nerve? I wasn't trying to aim a personal hit, just thought it'd be funny.
(02-29-2012, 04:36 PM)BreShiE Wrote: Ouch. Seems like I hit a nerve? I wasn't trying to aim a personal hit, just thought it'd be funny.

Sorry, I talk/debate on a nearly daily basis with people who adhere strictly to materialism and will say the most ignorant things in response to anything that differs from what they perceive to be a perfectly deterministic nihilist universe. For this reason, I used an example of being "conscious" rather than being "alive". I thought you were being serious.
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]
(02-29-2012, 05:22 PM)JDBar Wrote: Sorry, I talk/debate on a nearly daily basis with people who adhere strictly to materialism and will say the most ignorant things in response to anything that differs from what they perceive to be a perfectly deterministic nihilist universe. For this reason, I used an example of being "conscious" rather than being "alive". I thought you were being serious.

I'm hardly ever serious, lol. Unless it involves politics. Nice to meet you by the way, I'm BreShiE.
Of course everyone is going to die eventually. I look at it like this... I've been dying since the day I was born and not to start a religion flame war or anything but I came back from Iraq with my sanity so there must be some sort of god.
[Image: sfsig.png]
(02-29-2012, 06:20 PM)Soldier Wrote: Of course everyone is going to die eventually.

Some sooner than others, if they get killed...
(02-29-2012, 06:23 PM)BreShiE Wrote: Some sooner than others, if they get killed...

I have the money to fly to the U.K. so any time your ready tough boy I could take you out with my bare hands.
[Image: sfsig.png]
(02-29-2012, 06:25 PM)Soldier Wrote: I have the money to fly to the U.K. so any time your ready tough boy I could take you out with my bare hands.

I know, because your government trains you to kill civilians.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Death of Grandmother stormy 2 627 03-28-2012, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Crystal
  Death Miku 9 1,230 11-20-2011, 12:58 PM
Last Post: kebralt
  I'm pretty sure I have Thanatophobia //Extreme fear of death FML brah 9 3,816 08-14-2011, 09:50 PM
Last Post: Xplosion™
  ~ How to deal with a death! ~ Deadmau5 35 12,038 01-12-2011, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Deltron
  Just remembered my friend's death.. Peter L 10 1,358 01-12-2011, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Deltron