Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting over loneliness
Hi guys. First off, I'm not looking for advice. Please don't give me any. I'm just looking to share what's on my mind.

Around this time last year, I met a guy 7 years older than me. We hit it off and after a month of dating, he asked me if I wanted to be his boyfriend. We were in a relationship for 8 months until he ended it. I could go into the long story but I don't think it's necessary. Long story short, he started dating another guy about a month before we broke up. He worked out of town and that is where he met this guy. Towards the end of our relationship, he was acting distant and cited depression as the reason.

Now I know it's because he was cheating on me and would have preferred to be with the new guy when I was with him. We never had sex because I was selfconscious about my sexual performance. Now, I know I'm great at it and there's no reason to be self-conscious, but I didn't know that back then. So I think the lack of sex also drove him away.

Now I'm dealing with being single. I don't miss him at all and frankly I don't care to ever see him again. I just want to be happy with someone again. I realise my happiness shouldn't depend on another person but it's sure nice to have someone who complements your happiness. (Note, I said complement, not complete).

I'm going off to university in the fall and hope I'll meet someone worthwhile there.
Well good luck, I know you're not asking for advice, but that's all I can say. Hope everything works out well, bud.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Loneliness ArtemisKaya 2 1,172 01-18-2020, 03:57 AM
Last Post: rickhart
  Loneliness among friends. The_Digital_Soldier 12 2,513 04-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Last Post: Brandenx781
  Loneliness. Anyone else? Elektrisk 20 4,527 07-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Elektrisk