Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hosting -Howto ?
Hello,

Me and my friend want to start a little hosting company. My friend creates a lot of websites for other friends etc, and that's the reason.. so in the beginning we will have about 10 clients, and then we want to search new clients , gain some money and expand.

Or first question; To start; Should we buy some Reseller hosting, or install our own box at home (Bandwidth is not a problem).

Does anybody have some other tips for us ?
------------------------
Add me on msn. I Would love to meet you.
tmpbbbb@hotmail.com
-------------------------
You should start with reseller that's what I will advise with my experience.. Installing a box has many problems like right climate condition, bandwidth and then the content which is uploaded etc...
Take a good reseller plan from a trusted hosting company and you should be good to go.
Wish you luck and PM me if you need any help. I have quite alot of experience in this field Smile
[Image: IYOy9.png]
You should start doing a little research into hosting, networking and marketing first. You can't just go jumping into a pool head first without knowing how to swim, so to speak, so do you research first. Then start of with reseller and then branch off as you grow...
I recommend you start with a reseller off someone reputable. This is how i started, once you gain enough customers move to a VPS/dedi.

As long as your website is professional and is integrated with your billing system you will get sales.

PM me if you want further information about setting up a hosting business and what's involved.
I Have A lot of knowledge about networking (I Study system/network maintenance) so that's no problem for me.

Everybody says that we need to start with a reseller ^^. So we've googled a bit and we found this one:
http://www.eleven2.com/

Looks cheap, looks good. Anybody that has some experience with this one?

Thank you very much.
------------------------
tmpbbbb@hotmail.com
eleven2.com are great providers, i would recommend them.

Check out their webhostingtalk forum ad you might get a discount.
(02-28-2012, 04:02 PM)☆ Norris ☆ Wrote: eleven2.com are great providers, i would recommend them.

Check out their webhostingtalk forum ad you might get a discount.

Thank you very much, I'm checking that now. Didn't know about that forum.

Shattering -

------------------------
tmpbbbb@hotmail.com
I know something much cheaper than that, http://www.ixam-hosting.com.
Cheap & reliable so far as I can see Smile
A developer, thinker & bliss guy that tries his hardest to enjoy life ~~~
After looking at ixam-hosting.com and eleven2 here is the breakdown.

eleven2 has free billing software like whmcs at eleven2, normally you can get it for $13/m at http://www.licensepal.com/

so either way it will run you 20/m to start, although it will cost you only $15 for your first month at eleven2. (so not cheaper //vince, its the same amount.)

I'm not an advertiser for eleven2 but I can tell you the support there is actually very good. Can't say anything about ixam, never tried them.
eleven2.com are great providers, I can vouch for them.. Also you should search fo their coupon code which will give u a good discount Smile
[Image: IYOy9.png]