Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out of time. :/ Need to pick a university.
Recently I've been being pressured a lot on deciding what I'm going to do when I graduate. I really have NO idea. I flip-flop between math, computer science, politics and business/accounting on a regular, nearly daily, basis. I'm also looking for a fast-paced job that involves meeting new people everyday and makes somewhere in the realm of $150,000+ a year and has room for promotions and the plausibility of starting your own business without requiring several million dollars in capital.

So what do I do? I need to pick a university soon and time is running out. Every time I visit a university website it either completely turns me off from the field or attracts me to join it completely. There's no middle ground. :/

TL;DR: I don't know what university to pick because I on't know what I want to go in to. ><

Oh, and taking a break, or a victory lap is not an option.
Are you applying for undergrad. or grad school?
What country are you in.. You need to provide more details..
[Image: IYOy9.png]
(02-23-2012, 10:05 PM)Crystal Wrote: Are you applying for undergrad. or grad school?
What country are you in.. You need to provide more details..

Oh, sorry. ><

Undergrad and Canada, but I'm willing to travel outside if that's where the best education lies.
why dont you consult a consular or some one who would guide you right?
[Image: IYOy9.png]
OK, out of those, I would say computer science is the most fruitful field. Business and economics are good too, but they're kind of completely different from CS so I don't see how you are having trouble deciding. Which do you WANT to do more? Either one can provide for very lucrative jobs, and while money is a factor as it should be, it shouldn't be the main factor. Go for what you enjoy because no matter what, you'll be able to get a good job.
I think...you should look for schools that accept what grades/extra activities you have/do. If you're failing you can't just expect to go to a super awesome great school.

But about the subjects, yeah I think Comp Sci would be nice, or maybe go to Medical school? You meet a lot of people and they make good money...
You should speak to a counselor, it is their job to help you with decisions like this one. Talk about what you are interested in, and what you wish to have. You can make a lot of money with any job, as long as you work hard, and do it right.

If you have good grades and participate in extra-curricular activities a lot, you should be accepted into pretty much any university. Good luck!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Passed my University exams. Untouch 13 2,202 06-24-2011, 08:12 AM
Last Post: FaRLisLe
  Is Pace University a good one? ace_w1zard 6 2,450 03-12-2010, 09:58 AM
Last Post: jenchrysalis