Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evidently I'm doing something wrong.
The Appalachians; the cosmos. My mind could rush from one to the other instantaneously from as far back as I could remember. I was always fairly bright.

Then over the past year or so... Life started getting hard. School got difficult. I actually had to take notes and study. So I got by, working hard. But then I stopped being able to think and focus for long periods of time.

I started losing interest in physical activity. I start alienating people and isolating myself. Eventually I ended up just barely get through school. My last semester was terrible and if I plan on going to any respectable university, I need to step my game up. My academics aside, I failed to secure a job for the summer, get into a program over the March Break, lost my debating competition (W/L - 1/5) and overall bombed anything that had this misfortune to be allocated into my responsibility.

So how does health fit into all this?

I decided that exercising would be a great way to get back into 'the zone', so I signed up for a couple free gym classes and a free personal training session.

One of the first things we did is measure my body fat percentage. I look like a fairly skinny guy, but the machine printed out that 41.9% of my body weight was fat. Worse yet, only 40.4% of my body was water (The average human needs 60-78% body water). That's when it made sense, I had felt almost every side effect of being dehydrated there is short of death. (Tiredness, dry mouth, inability to focus, lack of urination (I did so at most once a day))

So clearly I've been doing something wrong. I started drinking more water. I think I had something like 3 liters yesterday and the day before...

Is that enough? Should I do anything else?

I really don't know where to go from here. I request a vacation ban on HackForums so that I wouldn't be tempted to spend all my time online, but I still find ways to waste time. Luckily I remembered about Support Forums so that's how I got here.

Anyways, I know this is all rather long-winded, I'd just like to end off with a thanks to Omniscient for creating both these forums and ask anyone reading this what steps I should consider taking from here.

Thank you.
Hey,

It's nice to see you taking your health seriously. Being an ectomorph at 40+ % BFP is normal. It means you're the skinny/fat build. If you want to start getting your BFP and weater levels back to normal, start drinking at least 5+ litres a day. It may be hard for you, but stick to it. Take a drink bottle with you wherever you go. When it's empty, fill it up immediately.

Forget personal trainers. Start by running everyday. We want to shred some fat off, so we need to get your aerobic capacity up. Running long slow distances is an excellent form of continuous training and will surely lead to fat loss. Trust me, when you get your body back in shape, thinking straight and working to your potential will be a breeze.