Poll: Which Phone?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Apple iPhone
33.33%
5 33.33%
Google Android
60.00%
9 60.00%
Neither / Other
6.67%
1 6.67%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPhone vs Droid
It's interesting to see the contrast of opinions here,

My personal choice is iPhone. I've owned a Samsung Galaxy S and thought it was a great phone, but it still doesn't compare to my iPhone 4s in my opinion.
It really depends on what kind of user you are. If you're those hobbyists who enjoy customization, then go with the android. If you're about simplicity, and user friendly technology, go with Apple.
(02-16-2012, 11:52 PM)RubiksHQ Wrote: It really depends on what kind of user you are. If you're those hobbyists who enjoy customization, then go with the android. If you're about simplicity, and user friendly technology, go with Apple.

I think this sums it up perfectly. Which one do you prefer personally?

(02-16-2012, 03:25 AM)DAMINKā„¢ Wrote: Android without question.
I threw my iphone 2 at the time against a wall (destroyed). Piece of crap.
I love my samesung galaxy s2. From the day i got it i love it.
From the day i got my iphone i hated it. Thus the wall treatment.
GO ANDROID!!

lol you wouldn't do that with your computer though would you? Big Grin

Although I would say iPhone, you need to get one of those nice hard rubber cases for it, and it's virtually indestructible... I've taken mine to work on a few construction job sites, and i've dropped it about 2 floors on solid gravel and concrete, and it still works surprisingly fine. I haven't dropped it too many times though, as I take care of it, but every once in a while may be unavoidable. There was that one time and arbout 5-6 other times for a distance of about 3 feet on my tile floor in my kitchen, and still seems practically working like brand new for over a year that i've had it.

Plus it's easier to clean the iphone screen if it gets dirty, which is quite a bit since you use it to navigate, but no grease or anything gets under or between the buttons like an android.
(02-17-2012, 08:36 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: lol you wouldn't do that with your computer though would you? Big Grin

Although I would say iPhone, you need to get one of those nice hard rubber cases for it, and it's virtually indestructible... I've taken mine to work on a few construction job sites, and i've dropped it about 2 floors on solid gravel and concrete, and it still works surprisingly fine. I haven't dropped it too many times though, as I take care of it, but every once in a while may be unavoidable. There was that one time and arbout 5-6 other times for a distance of about 3 feet on my tile floor in my kitchen, and still seems practically working like brand new for over a year that i've had it.

Plus it's easier to clean the iphone screen if it gets dirty, which is quite a bit since you use it to navigate, but no grease or anything gets under or between the buttons like an android.

I've also found that iPhone's have been quite robust in all the time i've been using them. A few times i've been in a car with the phone on my lap, forgot about it then stood up straight out of the car and it's come flying out of my lap and onto the tarmac/pavement. Aside from a few scuffs/scrapes on the case the phone works flawlessly. I did once drop my Samsung and had a fair amount of disappointment when it refused to turn on after, maybe I was just unlucky though. I took it back to the store and they replaced it without too much discussion, so I was fairly pleased about that.
Apple iPhone for the win, I just like my new iPhone. :-)
(02-17-2012, 08:14 AM)Load Wrote: I think this sums it up perfectly. Which one do you prefer personally?
I would go with the iPhone if I had to choose between the two for a phone.
(02-16-2012, 05:46 AM)BleepyEvans Wrote: Never owned a iPhone and hopefully never will.
I have an iPad though :/ but it has to be the best tablet out there (build quality and the rest)

Why so seemingly negative about the iPhone, but full of praise for the iPad? The iPhone has the same level of build quality and 'the rest' as the iPad, the iPhone is the same thing just on a smaller, more portable scale with the obvious phone capabilities.

Also; could everyone who has posted on this thread remember to submit their favourite in the above poll, thanks.
I had & Apple products IMO makes us too stupid.
A developer, thinker & bliss guy that tries his hardest to enjoy life ~~~
(02-17-2012, 08:37 PM)///ViNcE Wrote: I have & Apple products IMO makes us too stupid.

'I have & Apple products' They're definitely making someone stupid Big Grin No offence, this just made me smile.