Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big problem [ My Project ] :(
Few days back I asked here that should I go for C++ or Java, and everyone suggested me Java, as C++ is much more tougher and advanced but today 1 crap happened as my stupid and butthead class Teacher told us that we have to make our Minor Project only on "C or C++" no Java no C# :Mad

Tomorrow I have to give a topic name of my project out of these

Simple Graphics System
Digital Image processing
Simple Operating System
Simple Text Editor
Data Compression and Decompression
Implementation of RSA
Graph Theory Tutorial
Time Table Generator [GUI]
Library Management [GUI]
Banking System [GUI]
Student Admission System [GUI]
Income Tax Calculator [GUI]
Search Engine Optimizer
Payroll System [GUI]

can anyone tell me which would be the most impressive one and not that tougher to make in c++ ?
Ranging from Text Editor to Operating System? lol

What a collection of projects...

Compression and Decompression isn't hard though, and a Text Editor would take at most 3-5 minutes.
(02-13-2012, 10:31 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: Ranging from Text Editor to Operating System? lol

What a collection of projects...

Compression and Decompression isn't hard though, and a Text Editor would take at most 3-5 minutes.

I have just written , what list of projects I got from my teacher Big Grin .

3-5 minutes :O OMG =]]

ok then its final Iam giving Text Editor as my topic name Big Grin but can you tell how can I make that ?? what books should I refer to make this ?? Thanks ;)
You don't need to read anything, you hardly even need to be a programmer, I would have assumed you'd already known how easy it would be. If you've worked with Visual Studio you add a text box and you're done basically...
(02-13-2012, 12:45 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: You don't need to read anything, you hardly even need to be a programmer, I would have assumed you'd already known how easy it would be. If you've worked with Visual Studio you add a text box and you're done basically...

I havent done Visual Studio but I have done Java and I know how to create a Textbox (JTextArea) in it using JFrame I can create a JMenu name it as File ? and then JMenuItems like "new" "open" "save" and can add listeners to them ? and in "new" MenuItem I can give "textfield.settext(""); with "open" and "save" I can use OpenDialog and SaveDialog boxes and make an InputStreamReader and then a BufferedReader to read the text in textarea by getText() method and then using PrintWriter I can use its methods println and print to write the data in file ??

so to implement these in c++ I have to study all the syntax of it and also somebody told me that there are many ways to make a GUI in C++ and suggested me to use gt4 ;) thats why I asked you to suggest me some books
Can't you use the .NET Framework with C++???
A developer, thinker & bliss guy that tries his hardest to enjoy life ~~~
(02-13-2012, 02:38 PM)///ViNcE Wrote: Can't you use the .NET Framework with C++???

no we cant Sad
Implementation of RSA doesn't sound too difficult. Hmmm, challenge accepted. *goes away for a while to do research*
Just use the WinAPI. One google search and you should be fine, and just use fstream for the file saving/loading.
Hey Guys Thanks for replying Smile I have given this is as my topic name
"Income Tax Calculator" [GUI] because too many students selected Text Editor . Can someone help me with this I have starting learning GUI with qt4 ,is it tougher to use ?Please help me I have to study of my syllabus also so I dont want to get into C++ really , only I have to do that for my project please tell me what should I do thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is C++ so big? nevets04 9 2,123 11-04-2009, 01:52 PM
Last Post: MrD.