Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small Business Help
Hey everyone. I found this forum through a quick google search and it seems like a very helpful place. I was hoping you guys could lend me a hand.

I'm interning at a small business (about 18 employees) in Boston, MA.

I'm in my senior year as a business student with my concentration as management information systems (MIS).

Heres what I need to do.

They're using a Pepwave AP one as their access point. They want to set up a guest network on it. They want to make sure that their other wireless network, which runs off the same AP but different SSID, is protected from people on the guest network. As well as their databases and whatnot that are connected to the internet.

Is this possible?

I know Pepwave provides a service called "In Control" that sets up a guest portal but they don't want to use that.

Any suggestions would be helpful! thanks!
Hmm... Why don't they want to use In Control? It is probably the best way to do it. Also, I advise if they do use this that they hide their SSID.

When you know why, reply or PM me Smile
I don't think they want to be tied to any outside programs I guess. I think using in-control if there isn't any other option... but I've been trying to do this for a while and can't seem to figure it out.

I was trying to put the guest network on a different subnet thinking that would work. I know a good amount about subnets but I've never actually set one up before.