Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DriveList Helper - BSOD Drive Query Crash Dump Debugging Tool
I created a quick tool earlier today to analyze drive list outputs from the lmtn command in WinDbg for certain drivers timestamped before or equal to and before a specified year, for my simple summary. Drivers returned can be outputted into a simple or the full formatted line.

If you're interested a download is available here with a sample driver list to test if you want: http://www.mediafire.com/?6smly7902dt4a14

Previews:
[Image: ibrbdGAz3V8vzP.png]

Note: Don't mind the video, I had to use AudioSwap on youtube because my sound screwed up for some reason. I didn't do any editing to this video either, what you see is what you get. Straight from the recorded version.

Demo:
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUPyKYs43Po&fmt=100[/yt]

This only requires the .NET 2.0 Framework as well for high compatibility with most everyone's computer.
Edit: I managed to loop through 1000 Driverlists (173 001 Drivers/lines Approx.) this time in litterally 1 second at the most!

Preview:
[Image: iQWXLaplYmrwL.png]

Edit: 5000 Driver list output this time, but it only took 7 seconds... AND--That's where I think this app does the job good enough haha. Maybe a bit too crazy? Over 800 000 lines in 7 seconds... I can live with that.

[Image: ib2kbbBsBBjzIP.png]
Changelog v1.8.0:
  • - Always on top of all other windows feature
    - Drag and drop selection of text directly from anywhere to the input text field, including directly from WinDbg
    - Drag and drop file over input text field to paste the contents of that file (driver list output command data) to the text field
    - Multi-threaded process and faster loop algorythm
    - Export results from the scan, to an output text file

[Image: ibuBjkwQvDYTqj.png]

*If anyone wants this NEWEST version, you'll have to PM me first..

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2mHjlbg9j8&fmt=100[/yt]
lol I just realized I can drag and drop (MOVE) text from WinDbg over to my app now that i've added the dragging text feature...
[Image: i88Wcll8mPff9.gif]

App is complete though finally. And sped up tremendously. I've analyzed through nearly 1 000 000 lines and returned results in the output textbox in around 5 seconds a couple times.
Wow this could be very helpful... Going to download, just in case I ever need it in the future.
[Image: xQS7F.png]
(02-13-2012, 02:01 PM)iRun Wrote: Wow this could be very helpful... Going to download, just in case I ever need it in the future.

Unless you analyze BSOD crash dumps though, I don't see it being helpful for you, as even if you do use it to analyze your own for a one time thing, you wouldn't know what to do with the results or if you're checking for the right driver base timestamps for your machine.

I'm working with a couple other MVP's though; usama and jcgriff2 to make this into a much improved application though. Based on the Driver Reference Table they were responsible for creating. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VS 2010 Roslyn CTP - Interactive VS 2010 Debugging AceInfinity 0 1,034 04-18-2012, 09:43 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  AutoBlue - BSOD Tool - Preview Only AceInfinity 4 1,276 02-24-2012, 09:06 PM
  W7 Diag Tool v2.01 - New Version - Developed by AceInfinity AceInfinity 7 2,993 02-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Denny Crane
  FBytes - Binary Merge Tool - Created by AceInfinity AceInfinity 2 1,014 01-07-2012, 04:47 PM
  New System Diagnostic Tool - Created by Ace AceInfinity 28 7,583 11-21-2011, 09:55 AM
Last Post: UrbanByte