Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Forum is Dying, Slowly
It's hard to not say Omniscient abandoned this forum. The theme, plugins, or any forum topics have not been updated on this forum in a truly long time. I really enjoyed it but it is surely going to die, sadly. I mean, Omniscient is a busy guy, having to deal with complaints and customers of his other two forums. No one is attracted to SF anymore, the theme (banner, layout) is old and not attracting. The forums are not interesting, and are just plain boring. I think the forum just needs a makeover really and that is the only problem because if it keeps this up, Omniscient will eventually sell it...

Gratte
Yes it is quite unfortunate that this is occurring.

I think it just needs some serious advertising.
This is actually SF's usual activity rate.
The theme imho is quite good. I've grown so used to it, I would never want to change it. Regarding the old topics and threads, if you want to see more activity, be the activity. Post more threads. Smile
Well people have been saying this for a while, including me at more than one point. I think someone needs to stop complaining and take initiative. Only we can change the community. Maybe Omni would be more obliged to do stuff or have staff if there was a need for one. This site isn't inactive, but it is not active enough to the point, to where we can really get the community feeling. I just think, we need to get some new members somehow, and get a good idea going. Then discussion should facilitate itself afterwards. Also Omni hasn't abandoned it, if he did he would have sold it for the couple of hundred this site is worth. I know he still sees potential here, he is just waiting for it to happen so he can capitalize on it. A lot of people are dubious about Omni and his skill, I wouldn't call him the best, but he does a damn good job. Most people can't relate to owning a site like HF and the amount of work it takes. Plus all the stress he faces daily. I think it has made him a bit non-sympathetic, but I love that about him at times.

So what do we need to do to get activity. We need an idea, that will start up good discussions. Or maybe a way for us to get more members to visit regularly. Something to make them say "O yea I need to check that thread on SF" or actually have the groups do something. Remember we run them, not Omni so don't even blame him. I will say Breshi did give it a good try with his group. Though since me and others dissented from his ideas and his leadership role a lot, it never really picked up.

So lets change this thread right now, from one complaining, to one for ideas about how we can get the community pumping a little bit more.
You're just mad because I banned you at HF and I'm not going to unban you. Bye.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is SF Dying? Maestro 11 1,296 03-31-2010, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Lord_Scorch