Poll: Thoughts?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
CloudFlares a great service
80.00%
4 80.00%
CloudFlares a terrible service
20.00%
1 20.00%
I don't use CloudFlare but I'd like to try it
0%
0 0%
I don't use CloudFlare and I don't plan on using it
0%
0 0%
I don't know what CloudFlare is
0%
0 0%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CloudFlare
If you search the net regarding cloudflare you get bad review after bad review.
Now look at Support Forums right now. We have unregistered spammers posting up blogs of spam.
No staff to stop it currently and certainly CloudFlare failed in preventing it so..................
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(02-12-2012, 12:16 PM)iRun Wrote: Cloudflare did not speed up my site. It drastically slowed it down.

What type of website are you running?

(02-12-2012, 01:58 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: If you search the net regarding cloudflare you get bad review after bad review.
Now look at Support Forums right now. We have unregistered spammers posting up blogs of spam.
No staff to stop it currently and certainly CloudFlare failed in preventing it so..................

There are also a plethora of good reviews for it. SupportForums is using it for its performance/speed boost, not to block spam, that's not what CloudFlares made for.
(02-12-2012, 02:59 PM)Load Wrote: What type of website are you running?

(02-12-2012, 01:58 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: If you search the net regarding cloudflare you get bad review after bad review.

There are also a plethora of good reviews for it. SupportForums is using it for its performance/speed boost, not to block spam, that's not what CloudFlares made for.

How can you possibly say it speeds up a site when you have captchas to fill in?
Seriously without this then it would be just hit the button and reply.
To get a captcha means you have to fill in additional info.
There is no way this can improve the sites speed.
Sure i have read the claims. But cant help but think its in place here for reasons other than speed and performance.
Wish Labrocca would comment in this thread about it.
I would be interested in his overall opinion on the product.
ps does his other sites use it?
The Rules!

(02-12-2012, 02:59 PM)Load Wrote: What type of website are you running?
I was using a MyBB Forum with CloudFlare.
[Image: xQS7F.png]
(02-12-2012, 03:03 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: There are also a plethora of good reviews for it. SupportForums is using it for its performance/speed boost, not to block spam, that's not what CloudFlares made for.
How can you possibly say it speeds up a site when you have captchas to fill in?
Seriously without this then it would be just hit the button and reply.
To get a captcha means you have to fill in additional info.
There is no way this can improve the sites speed.
Sure i have read the claims. But cant help but think its in place here for reasons other than speed and performance.
Wish Labrocca would comment in this thread about it.
I would be interested in his overall opinion on the product.
ps does his other sites use it?
[/quote]

I can say it speeds up a site because my load times have gone from 4-6 seconds to 1-2. The Captchas are an optional extra, so if you don't feel it's a good feature, you can just turn it off.

If I had to take a guess, SF uses it to decrease use on server resources, improve load times and performance, added security and possibly the web stats.

I'd also like to hear Omni's thoughts on this, I don't know for definite if he uses it on any other sites or not.

(02-12-2012, 03:23 PM)iRun Wrote: I was using a MyBB Forum with CloudFlare.

That's strange, I've tried a MyBB forum with CloudFlare and always saw improvements in speed.
Cloudflare isn't good for forums, it hides peoples real IP's.
CloudFlares a great service but the Captcha filling really pisses me off big time...
[Image: IYOy9.png]
(02-14-2012, 05:30 PM)lt_jones Wrote: Cloudflare isn't good for forums, it hides peoples real IP's.

Are you serious LOL!!!!!!!!!
That alone is reason enough to NEVER use it. I rely on the ip addresses of members actually.
Thats insane that it could mask the ip. Insane actually. How could decent spam protection stop known spammers?
Rely completely on the Couldflare? NO WAY!!

(02-14-2012, 10:09 PM)Crystal Wrote: CloudFlares a great service but the Captcha filling really pisses me off big time...

It is great yet it pisses you off big time?
I dont understand. How can something be great and piss you off at the same time?
The Rules!

(02-14-2012, 11:01 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Are you serious LOL!!!!!!!!!
That alone is reason enough to NEVER use it. I rely on the ip addresses of members actually.
Thats insane that it could mask the ip. Insane actually. How could decent spam protection stop known spammers?
Rely completely on the Couldflare? NO WAY!!

(02-14-2012, 10:09 PM)Crystal Wrote: CloudFlares a great service but the Captcha filling really pisses me off big time...
I dont understand. How can something be great and piss you off at the same time?

It masks people's real IP address by default, but it takes about 5minutes to change it to show people's real IP addresses.

And nearly everything that's great can piss you off at the same time eg; I've got a great game called Alice: Madness Returns. Possibly my favourite game at the moment, but as soon as I get stuck at a hard part of the game, it pisses me off. That doesn't change the fact that I think it's a great game.

I've got a great relationship with my girlfriend, just because she pisses me off every now and again, doesn't mean we're not great together.

I don't understand how you can make such negative accusations and oppinions of the service when you haven't even tried/used it. All you've seen is a few Captcha screen (and I've researched that, it normally happens when you use BBcode in replies of PMs/threads) and you're calling it a terrible 'spam blocker' when it's not a spam blocker at all, it's a way of speeding up sites and it does a GREAT job.
[/quote]

Like Load mentioned that if something great pisses some one of it does not mean that the service is not great...
Sometimes you really pissed off but you cant say u don't like the person/service..
I hope you get me now...
[Image: IYOy9.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Setup CloudFlare On Your Website [DDoS Proof Your Site] BioHazaЯd™ 17 17,686 04-13-2012, 12:56 PM
Last Post: damoncloudflare