Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Overcome Laziness
How To Overcome Laziness
Written by Secrets

In this reading, I'll be showing you the way to fully overcome your laziness. That's right, that means no more wanting to do things and not having the mental power to do so or go on doing it.

I promise you, if this doesn't help you, I will personally give you anything you want! No more of that nonsense up there, it's time to begin the quest of overcoming your laziness, my friend.

1. Finding your problem

When wanting to do something or have any human interaction, there's always something holding us back...but what is it? For some people it's a few things, I’ll mention them below:

Scared or Nervous
Unsure / uneasy
No motivation
Not interested

Whether it be any of the things mentioned above, or for any other reason not given, then one must find out how to overcome that which is holding you back.

No matter how hard you may think it's going to be, you are going to have to keep going! That's the first true step to overcome your problem. You have to show real effort to gain progress. No one said this was going to be easy, but believe me, it pays off in the end.

Thomas Edison is the famous inventor of the light bulb who demonstrated heroic persistence and it was unquestionably a light bulb moment when he articulated that "There is no substitute for hard work" because indeed there is nothing else that you can do instead and have the recipe for success turn out as commendably. As simple as it may sound, be aware of the fact that the only way for you to get something done that you personally have to do is for you to actually do it.

That's all there is to it, do not give up on something just because you see yourself not wanting to do the given task.

2. Thinking about the assignment/goal

People don't see this as an important read, but they are wrong. This is the second utmost important part on whether you will end up completing or not completing your goal.

When you're given an objective to complete at a certain date or point in life, you have to make sure whether or not it's important to you. Some questions that you'll end up asking yourself are mentioned below:

1. Is this really important?
2. Do I need to do this?
3. Why do we have to do this?
4. Will this benefit me in my everyday life?

It all ends up to the same or similar answer.

“No, it won't.” That’s where people mess up. Instead of just thinking about the cons, they also have to think about the pros on things. When given the task to complete, one must say “Okay, this is what I'm given and what I have to complete to earn a good grade and get it over with.” You think it doesn't help you, but it does in so many ways. How so?

- Makes you a more active person
- Motivates you for other upcoming projects
- Improves your skills on the given subject
- Makes your mental state stronger

Yes, it's true. They do help you in everyday life. You must try and put some effort to achieve progress. Believe me when I tell you this.

3. Convincing yourself

In reality, it's up to you. You must be the one to say to yourself “I can do this, there is nothing holding me back, I can do it. I have the motivation to not be a quitter and keep on trying.”

People who feel they might be "lazy" are actually recreating and reliving unpleasant or dreary "freezes" from childhood. No need to dig into your past but if you do feel stuck, try jumping up, do a task, and tell yourself "Despite an old habit of freezing up, I can get up right now and be productive!" ← Taken from a text on an article I read.

You have to get into the habit of making yourself think that you can do and taken on anything that's thrown at you. Doing that, you'll be set in life. It's true. Try it yourself, go out and try to complete a task and actually focus on it. You'll see for your own self.

4. Getting Help

Another big part in doing a task given is that people see it as they're by themselves no one is there to help them. They are wrong, by looking for help is the best idea you can have to achieve your task. Go out and seek help if you're stuck. Don't sit there and wait for the last minute and say “I was stuck on something and couldn't figure it out.” No, you don't want to do that!

There is a saying that a tail does not wag a dog but a dog wags a tail and in a similar vein YOU master your lazy bones and refuse to allow your lazy bones to master you. You have to master this and control them.

5. Taking your time

Break down your job into small steps. Find the way to do them, and do them, in a relaxed and controlled way. Focus always on one task: the one you are doing, because you'll have time to focus on the other ones. Brains tend to work inefficiently when there is constant pressure to do several things with tight deadlines.

You can try prepping yourself up by telling yourself "I want to do this; I want to do this now! So I’ll just do it and rest later". Say it out loud if you have to. You'll feel motivated after this. It may help to regularly recite an empowering mantra to yourself throughout each day such as "I am thankful to my Creator for life and I pray for the courage to make the most of it" or something more secular and succint such as "Sink or swim". You can also imagine certain activities as already completed and anticipate the sense of accomplishment that you would experience and remind yourself that at some point in the future you will be glad that you suffered through the chore.

6. Finishing part of your goal

Completing that task will feel remarkably good, and tell yourself (out loud, if necessary) "Good stuff; I’m on a roll; keep this up and I'm going to make it to the end of this". Working towards little goals is actually the secret to big success: big successes are just made up of many little continuous successes.

You have to keeping on going once you've completed one part of the task. You already won half the battle. Now, have the motivation to finish and see it through.

7. Keep On Going

If you just complete one task, and slowly stop trying then you'll just end up where you started. You have to keep on going and keep doing what you did before. Even if you work on mini projects, keep doing it. You'll see it won't be as hard and it'll get easier as each new project or task appears.

It's hard to get on a roll, so once you're there, jump right onto your next goal as soon as you're done rewarding yourself. The longer you delay re-starting, the harder it will be to re-start. But the sooner you re-start, the more confident you will feel. That will reinforce the positive behavior that leads to feeling that you can do anything!

8. Setting long term goals

If you have goals set up for yourself, you have something to look forward to. Pick goals which are high and will really inspire you. Picture what you really want. Low goals will not really motivate you. Your goals can be to save to buy a home, that red sports car, or fulfill your lifelong dreams (maybe you've been wanting to open a bookstore, an arcade, or start your own publishing company). Make a to-do list, both of large and small things, and prioritize. It may also prove useful to keep a personal journal for each day of your target activities with a record of what exactly may have helped or hindered you with regard to reaching your target as part of your practical logistics for self-development.

Believe me, following these steps will make you lose that feeling that you want to do things but never get the chance because you always wait for the last minute. I personally guarantee you that this will work. With some little determination and hope, you'll accomplish everything. Take it from me, I used to be a lazy kid. Now, I'm up to date with all my projects and activities and actually enjoy doing it!

If you liked this e Book, Then please post on the thread where you found it and leave your thoughts. This is my first e Book, and I will be improving on things that you leave in your feedback.

Have a nice productive day!

Sincerely,

Secrets

If you wish to download it, the download link is below.

I take a quick look at it, did you actually write this? it's very interesting and i'm going to save it to my desktop

Shiitt, I never expected to learn so much from SF
Yes, I typed this up.
It took me a couple of hours, but I completed it.
I had a friend proofread it to make sure it was ready to be distributed.