Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many forums are to many?
Isn't activity and good posting what attracts someone to a forum in the first place? It's definitely what attracts me. If there were less forums, the good posting wouldn't be as hard to find and it would attracts a bigger userbase.
Just realised you're the guy who owns mybbsux? Oh dear. Lost all respect for you in seconds.
Unban me from HF Omni Sad
(02-16-2012, 12:14 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Activity is not important to me.
But i did laugh when you posted that thanks lol.
I have over 30 hidden forums alone.

When I come to a forum, I like to see fuckloads of posts on the index. If you see like 4 Threads 70 Posts, it kind of looks inactive. SevenForums is a great example of condensed board space.
SevenForums by rumour actually brings in about $1500-$3000 a day based on their income for ads and such I believe. Off topic, but that's what I was told earlier today. But it is nice and condensed, and yes it does allude to the perception of looking more active.
(02-20-2012, 04:33 PM)Crayo Wrote: Just realised you're the guy who owns mybbsux? Oh dear. Lost all respect for you in seconds.

I dont give a s hit what you think to be honest.
Keep on topic in my threads asshat!

king Wrote:When I come to a forum, I like to see fuckloads of posts on the index. If you see like 4 Threads 70 Posts, it kind of looks inactive. SevenForums is a great example of condensed board space.

My first thought was offtopic.com (member of) for an example of a condensed forum ie the offtopic area.
I think its the biggest forum on the net... might be wrong but.
Never heard of SevenForums to be honest.

The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(02-21-2012, 03:13 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: I dont give a s hit what you think to be honest.
Keep on topic in my threads asshat!

king Wrote:When I come to a forum, I like to see fuckloads of posts on the index. If you see like 4 Threads 70 Posts, it kind of looks inactive. SevenForums is a great example of condensed board space.
My first thought was offtopic.com (member of) for an example of a condensed forum ie the offtopic area.
I think its the biggest forum on the net... might be wrong but.
Never heard of SevenForums to be honest.

SevenForums is virtually one of the biggest Windows forums known currently.
offtopic =
Threads: 303,761, Posts: 10,310,245, Members: 78,121, Active Members: 11,847

Anyways i am taking onboard what you guys are saying.
I am going to trim down my forums.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

The fact you think offtopic.com is the biggest forum on the net makes me laugh so freakin hard. Justifies what everyone on mybb.com says about you.

FunTip: Find the forum with 2 billion posts.
Unban me from HF Omni Sad
Not to talk about HF to break rules but it's got over 15,000,000 posts. Bigger than OffTopic.com but I know there's several forums out there with 100's of millions of posts.
Not sure if this information is valid but I found this, Forum Rankings this might give a rough idea.

Hope this helps