Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many forums are to many?
Gaia forums has 2 billion posts

Edit: I didn't see that but Load had found the same link that I seen a while back and re-found during the discussion in this thread about big boards
(02-21-2012, 11:21 AM)Crayo Wrote: The fact you think offtopic.com is the biggest forum on the net makes me laugh so freakin hard. Justifies what everyone on mybb.com says about you.

FunTip: Find the forum with 2 billion posts.

Waves bye bye Smile
See ya around knobhead

(02-21-2012, 11:45 AM)Sam Wrote: Not to talk about HF to break rules but it's got over 15,000,000 posts. Bigger than OffTopic.com but I know there's several forums out there with 100's of millions of posts.

Yes given i am a member there you would think i knew that lolz.
Even warez-bb has more than offtopic of which i am also a member.
Dunno what i was thinking... Just remembered hearing it and never bothered to check... Oh well live and learn.

So back on topic. Yep starting to trim the fat so to speak.
Advice taken on board.
Thanks to all except one now banned nutter.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

You could hardly consider Gaia to be a forum. Plus, their members are encouraged to spam. There's a member on ChristianForums with over a million posts, but he makes hundreds of seemingly automated posts everyday.
Got me banned because I made him look stupid, nice move.

There's more than just Gaia that's bigger than offtopic, and it is a forum... Lmao.

Anyway, 4chan - 870+ million posts.
Unban me from HF Omni Sad
Post count is almost meaningless if it's low quality though. 4chan I wouldn't consider much good in terms of informational resources there from the posts. I'd rather have a forum with 500 posts that are decent then 1000 that are as low quality as "nice bro..."
(02-24-2012, 04:04 PM)Crayo Wrote: Got me banned because I made him look stupid, nice move.

There's more than just Gaia that's bigger than offtopic, and it is a forum... Lmao.

Again your taking my thread offtopic.
Read the thread before you open your mouth.
The Rules!

(02-24-2012, 04:04 PM)Crayo Wrote: Got me banned because I made him look stupid, nice move.

It is a forum, but it's merged with a game. The forum is secondary and it's a load of crap.

Now, where were we. Ah, yes, Damink, have you compressed your site yet? Oui
(02-24-2012, 10:32 PM)King Wrote: Damink, have you compressed your site yet? Oui

I have not mate.
I am tempted to but the whole SEO side of things bothers me a little.
I have merged some that dont matter but the ones that do i am very reluctent..
I will in time i know that. But just hesitent.

The Rules!

It all depends on what your board is based around and how active it is. If you had, for instance, a hacker forum with hardly active members, then I'd say 10-15. But if it was highly active, like HF, then you can expand on the forums, giving your members some more room to breath.

For the activity you have, and for the general target of your forum I'd say it's about right. Maybe a few too many as you're only going for Australian member (or it just seems that way) but it looks good, as long as you don't have loads of forums with no threads.