Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best domain for online dictionary?
I've finished coding a live dictionary script, I think it is the fastest online dictionary I have ever seen.

I'm looking into buying a domain and here are some of my choices, which one is the best?

Worduh.com
Wordsquick.com
SamuraiWords.com
Wordpetal.com
Wordmeal.com

I personally like wordpetal.com the best.
[Image: image.php]
Why are you making a dictionary site? There's lots out there that get updated with new words before you'd realize they were even invented.
I'm not really fond of the domain choices, but I guess I would say Wordsquick.com.
(02-06-2012, 08:11 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: Why are you making a dictionary site? There's lots out there that get updated with new words before you'd realize they were even invented.

This is different to any other, you type in the word and it shows up instantly. It's mainly just a project for myself really, but it's a pretty interesting site. I'll develop it a lot more before I open, I'll make it so webmasters can embed it on there website and other stuff. So far it has live searching so words pop up as you search etc...
[Image: image.php]
(02-06-2012, 04:07 PM)TalishHF Wrote: This is different to any other, you type in the word and it shows up instantly. It's mainly just a project for myself really, but it's a pretty interesting site. I'll develop it a lot more before I open, I'll make it so webmasters can embed it on there website and other stuff. So far it has live searching so words pop up as you search etc...

That has been done thousands of times before.
Honestly, the way I see it though, if people go to your dictionary site, they aren't going to judge it based on some fancy javascript or php code that you have for the page. And there's lots of bigger dictionary sites out there.
If you are still on this project then I like SamuraiWords.com or Wordsquick.com most but I am not sure how successful your site would be.
[Image: IYOy9.png]