Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook becoming a public company and files for IPO
http://techcrunch.com/2012/02/01/faceboo...llion-ipo/

They plan to raise $5,000,000,000 and will guarantee hundreds of employees become millionaires over night.

This will definitely change Facebook because it is now going to be all for-profit because soon it will no longer be privately owned. All the shares have been purchased by stock brokers already.

What do you guys think of this?
I think it's nothing new quite personally, once people realize there's money in something that's all it's about.
Well Facebook has gone a long time without going public.
And now you'll start to see where all of the scams start to play in, and where facebook eventually becomes corrupt and falls, or becomes even more successful, but for the wrong reasons.

The people behind it will most definitely only be concerned about how much money they can gain off it.

Perhaps this is where Google+ starts to take the spotlight?
(02-01-2012, 09:00 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: And now you'll start to see where all of the scams start to play in, and where facebook eventually becomes corrupt and falls, or becomes even more successful, but for the wrong reasons.

The people behind it will most definitely only be concerned about how much money they can gain off it.

Perhaps this is where Google+ starts to take the spotlight?

Yes, I know this lol. "This will definitely change Facebook because it is now going to be all for-profit because soon it will no longer be privately owned."

I don't think Google+ will work out. They stayed private for too long. Facebook started small and private and gradually got bigger. Google+ started huge and restricted access to about 90% of people, then they got bored of waiting and went back to Facebook.
Eh, you can never actually know, Google+ might take off.
Personally, I hope FB falls.
A developer, thinker & bliss guy that tries his hardest to enjoy life ~~~
(02-02-2012, 05:02 AM)Pierre Lambito Wrote: Yes, I know this lol. "This will definitely change Facebook because it is now going to be all for-profit because soon it will no longer be privately owned."

I don't think Google+ will work out. They stayed private for too long. Facebook started small and private and gradually got bigger. Google+ started huge and restricted access to about 90% of people, then they got bored of waiting and went back to Facebook.

This is true as well, in my opinion Google took an absolutely stupid move publicizing it while they restrict access. They should have kept it private while they restricted access, and as soon as things went non-restricted, then went out with ad campaigns.
(02-02-2012, 06:01 AM)///ViNcE Wrote: Eh, you can never actually know, Google+ might take off.
Personally, I hope FB falls.

I don't think Google+ will take off. At least not as much as Facebook. Google+ in my opinion is too late for the social network thing. A lot of members on FB already have their account up and running with friends. Why would they start over on Google+?
Time well tell.
Big power plays going through right now, all the big tech companies are going through really fast transitions.
[Image: bustedtees.07e3d5a3-8bf6-4c9a-8f85-5bccf2e28120.gif]
I thank facebook will die off just like myspace unless they do something new.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WARNING about Palladous the freelance writing company BillysBadFurDay 0 543 10-26-2018, 02:07 AM
Last Post: BillysBadFurDay
  Start Your Web Hosting Company for $19 skeeta92 3 760 11-10-2010, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Malmoc
  Smoking public place ban... georgecarrter 0 433 12-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Last Post: georgecarrter