Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gimp?
Anyone here Use gimp? i find its better, i have PS But i have no idea how to use it, it seems hard.
GIMP isn't any better than Photoshop, and I find GIMP a lot harder to use personally. Photoshop just seems more accurate, and an easier layout.

You posted this thread twice though
Oops i must've My bad yeah i prefer good old Gimp to PS.
Personal preference doesn't really play much of a role when it comes to statistics. Photoshop is the better program.. It has more advanced options, everything is much more accurate, it's quicker, the layout is far simpler and easier to learn and use, it's better known & more widely used within the graphic design industry, which in turn creates more professional job opportunities.. It's also more compatible with other software packages out there.

GIMP is great for a free alternative, but that's all it will be I'm afraid.. It will never compete with the capabilities of Photoshop.
Photoshop is a much more capable piece of software, but it is also much more expensive. Photoshop's interface is more intuitive than GIMP's, learning the UI is the key to mastering the software.
[Image: rV1E9.png]
(02-01-2012, 04:03 PM)Fragma Wrote: Personal preference doesn't really play much of a role when it comes to statistics. Photoshop is the better program.. It has more advanced options, everything is much more accurate, it's quicker, the layout is far simpler and easier to learn and use, it's better known & more widely used within the graphic design industry, which in turn creates more professional job opportunities.. It's also more compatible with other software packages out there.

GIMP is great for a free alternative, but that's all it will be I'm afraid.. It will never compete with the capabilities of Photoshop.

There's Fragma the Photoshop lover lol Smile Can't blame him though I hate GIMP, and only use Photoshop as well. I've tried GIMP being forced to when using Linux but Photoshop was much easier to navigate through things, and even the selection tool in GIMP I found was really crappy.

Photoshop is just awesome. GIMP is free, Photoshop improves because it's paid. That's another reason why I believe it's better. No one wants to work on development for GIMP really.
I actually don't use Photoshop as much as I used to, mainly because my work revolves more so around other programs such as Cinema 4D and Illustrator, but I do use it still for web graphics, freelancing work and template mock ups. Oh and also I use it quite a bit for colour correction.
It's just so much better. You can't really compare free software to paid software. Bit of a no brainer as to which will be better!
Quote:You can't really compare free software to paid software

Ahh! Be careful there Fragma Smile

Notepad++ is still good compared to lots of paid Notepad programs out there.
For an extremely novice GFX artist, I use GIMP. This is when I know I can do it, otherwise I just pay someone.
(02-01-2012, 05:14 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: Ahh! Be careful there Fragma Smile

Notepad++ is still good compared to lots of paid Notepad programs out there.

True. Blender is another example. But the majority of the time, paid software will be better. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gimp? Julia Gillard 11 2,721 02-14-2012, 10:49 AM
Last Post: NekoChan
  Signature making tutorial with GIMP Napalm™ 11 2,555 08-01-2011, 01:28 AM
Last Post: Billy Mays
  [GIMP/Photoshop] Metallic Text Tutorial Arcane.cfg 4 1,236 07-02-2011, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Cyber-Security
  [TUT]Basics with GIMP [VIDEO] Sarah- 8 2,960 01-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Last Post: T3RRi8Le™
  [Tutorial] Flashing Text in Gimp Nemmyy 10 3,703 01-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Last Post: T3RRi8Le™