Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hide a category from certain groups in mybb?
How would I go about hiding a category for staff completely from guests and regular members? I'm trying to do it much like HF hides the VIP area. I've tried setting the permissons to can't view and all that but it still shows up, granted they can't see whats inside of it. I'd just like it so that they don't know the category even exists.
Forums & Posts >
Options (on Staff category) >
Permissions >
Make sure all members that aren't Staff have no permissions, and can't view.
(01-25-2012, 05:02 PM)Fragma Wrote: Forums & Posts >
Options (on Staff category) >
Permissions >
Make sure all members that aren't Staff have no permissions, and can't view.

I have done that but it really didn't make a difference. They can still see it just not the threads within the forums of it.
(01-25-2012, 05:05 PM)D4rKn3s5 Wrote: I have done that but it really didn't make a difference. They can still see it just not the threads within the forums of it.

Because there's options to view and search, as well as options to post that you need to disable. You didn't uncheck one of those.
(01-25-2012, 05:56 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: Because there's options to view and search, as well as options to post that you need to disable. You didn't uncheck one of those.

There are no permissions for guests or members, everythings unchecked. Does it being on tab have any effect? If you want I'll post a screen of the set permissions.
doublecheck all the permissions in every tab for the permissions that are settable for that forum area in regards to group permissions. Make sure that you don't have anything unwanted checked. Sure post a screenshot though.
Here's what the permissions look like for both the category and the forum I have inside of it.
What are your actual permissions set to now though? That's just an overview.
(01-25-2012, 09:06 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: What are your actual permissions set to now though? That's just an overview.

I have everything in this box unchecked for both the forum and cat.
[Image: permissions2.png]
What is in the Miscellaneous tab though?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MyBB Groups Question mrnapolean1 0 587 10-23-2012, 06:22 PM
Last Post: mrnapolean1
  phpBB Groups Mark1994 1 671 09-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Retribute
  How to hide posts from guests but allow google to view NO BAIL 9 2,078 03-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Alreiger
  Make content of bbcode only available for certain groups Ace of Spades 1 598 07-17-2011, 12:07 PM
Last Post: +GFx
  How to Make your MYBB Central Plugin Compatible with new Mybb Billy Mays 3 1,884 07-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Billy Mays