Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hosting issues
I bought a domain recently. At first I set it up on 000Webhost but soon after I got free unlimited hosting from somebody so I set up my domain on that. I changed the name servers and everything. My problem is that sometimes the site works... But 90% of the time it redirects to an error on 000webhost but nothing about my domain is left there. What's going on?
[Image: Imageaero.jpg?t=1303609442]
Do you have an .htaccess file in your files list for the site? I've never used 000WebHost before, I know it's free, but i've heard it's junk. And i've always paid for real hosting on my domains, which I would never consider using 000WebHost for anyway.
No right now all I have is a couple of lines of text and directories, just so I don't have a blank web page at the moment.
Can you provide a link to this website?
Yeah I'll add it to the original post.
It's probably just a caching issue for you, i've refreshed the page about 30 times, and still no redirection to 000WebHost.
(01-24-2012, 07:34 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: It's probably just a caching issue for you, i've refreshed the page about 30 times, and still no redirection to 000WebHost.

Like I said sometimes it works. I've cleared my cache multiple times and flushed my DNS.
My friend is also getting the 000webhost page most of the time. I'm on my iPhone right now and it gets the web host error.
(01-24-2012, 07:36 PM)Aero Wrote: Like I said sometimes it works. I've cleared my cache multiple times and flushed my DNS.
My friend is also getting the 000webhost page most of the time. I'm on my iPhone right now and it gets the web host error.

I've just refreshed my page about another 40-50 times over the past 5 minutes after seeing this post, and still nothing. I don't get it, how many more times am I required to refresh before I see what you're talking about here? Huh

I just don't seem to be getting an error. Everything seems fine from my point of view. It's definitely not giving me this error "Most of the time" as I still have yet to see it in the last 80 or so times i've refreshed your page.

Are you sure you're properly clearing your cache? Or perhaps with your internet you have to wait for the cache to be resolved/refreshed. Wait 24 hours, try back again tomorrow, and see if you notice a difference. I personally think that it's just you guys. I never visited the page until now, so i'm definitely NOT viewing an cached version from before your transition.

~Ace
D: I'm not getting the webpage at all now, it's always an error for me. This is odd.
(01-24-2012, 09:27 PM)Aero Wrote: D: I'm not getting the webpage at all now, it's always an error for me. This is odd.

Now it's your internet connection. Like I said, just try again tomorrow, or approx 24 hours from now.

I can still view the page currently, and still no error.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hostgator sql issues? DAMINK™ 2 905 02-10-2012, 05:51 PM
Last Post: DAMINK™