Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contact form for HTML
Crystal you're clearly doing something wrong, we cannot figure that out for you. Start over and do what I said exactly.
For my contact page on my website, I have an integrated captcha as well from a font that I use directly through my site files and generated in PHP. So a bit more advanced than this, but I can't see what's wrong here, i'm sure it's one of those small things that makes you look absolutely stupid when you finally realize what you were doing wrong lol. I don't like when that happens to me.
(01-24-2012, 09:36 AM)Laugh Wrote: Crystal you're clearly doing something wrong, we cannot figure that out for you. Start over and do what I said exactly.

Did that but still the same :\
(01-24-2012, 04:46 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: For my contact page on my website, I have an integrated captcha as well from a font that I use directly through my site files and generated in PHP. So a bit more advanced than this, but I can't see what's wrong here, i'm sure it's one of those small things that makes you look absolutely stupid when you finally realize what you were doing wrong lol. I don't like when that happens to me.

I know Sad I hate it Sad(
[Image: IYOy9.png]
Just a FYI, you don't need to change the HTML extension to PHP to call the script..

http://php.about.com/od/advancedphp/p/html_php.htm

(01-25-2012, 04:00 PM)Pompano Wrote: Just a FYI, you don't need to change the HTML extension to PHP to call the script..

http://php.about.com/od/advancedphp/p/html_php.htm

What's the point of that though if it takes a php line as an indicator before things get parsed before being sent to the browser anyway though? Unless he has current SEO and pages backlinked to that contact page, (which I doubt it as he's only began the site recently from what I can tell), it's much better to just rename the extensions from the start. Much more proper and better habit. And also doesn't require and htaccess modification, so you can save that file for necessary things.

That link points to the fact that if you have any php code that you might need to add to an existing plain html file later on down the road after you've already gained backlinks and SEO with that particular filename with it's html file extension, a method to keep the html file extension while having optionality to use PHP. His/her case here is not related to anything where that would be required though.

MUCH safer as well I might assume, since it gets parsed as soon as it recognizes the file extension, instead of opening the file first before recognizing the data that has to be parsed as PHP. Plus it reduces the base code on the actual file uploaded to your site if your concerned with a few milliseconds of page load time which can possibly save bandwidth over a longer timespan.
(01-22-2012, 09:20 PM)Peter L Wrote: You need to use PHP. Try these codes:

Incorporate this in your page;
HTML:

This below must be named 'send_form_email.php'
You must edit 2 lines for yourself (email and subject)
PHP:

Hello,

It is working 100% with me
Thanks alot for your support.

Just one thing:
when I received the email & reviwe it via outlook, the message aling text from right to left,

Please advise me: how to make the message aling text from Left to right?
Thanks in advance.
You need a home server, install xampp or wamp.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Helping with HTML and CSS Ambitious 0 545 08-28-2011, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Ambitious
  [TUT] Contact Form using HTML/PHP Captain Straight Edge 29 5,482 08-17-2011, 09:49 AM
Last Post: -Infectious
  Anyone have any free HTML resources? Scalise 7 1,248 06-01-2011, 04:00 AM
Last Post: !LoL
  Mr. Doob :: HTML 5 Examples Gaijin 10 1,952 02-17-2011, 12:33 AM
Last Post: Gaijin
  Javascript Help. Form Submission. JohnRonder 0 777 02-01-2011, 11:12 AM
Last Post: JohnRonder