Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Writing for the first time
So I know this girl who writes a lot and I mean a lot. By a lot, I mean she writes pretty much 24/7, because she has that much PC time. So we both watch anime and read manga and I have always been interested in my own manga. Since I can't drawn I have been thinking about making my own story in a manga style. Iv read a lot of her fan fictions, that is where I got my inspiration with how my dialog and everything looks. Bare in mind this is my first time Sleep
It was like 4:20 AM when I started and it's 4:54 and this is what I have wrote so far, taking a smoke break now.

[Image: Nyan.jpg]
Spend more time introducing the story, I was confused and lost through it all. I see what you're attempting, but try to be as detailed as possible.
(01-20-2012, 08:09 PM)Laugh Wrote: Spend more time introducing the story, I was confused and lost through it all. I see what you're attempting, but try to be as detailed as possible.

I think you should re-read my thread. Then if you are interested in the story or this thread go look up few anime shows or mangas. Then you come back and delete your comment.

I said it's in a manga and anime style. Manga starts mysteriously too, with little to no story at the start.
Yeah, I've read manga before. I've read it enough to know a captivating introduction. Yours was dull and boring. It was not mysterious, it came off like an 8 year old wrote it.

Like I clearly said, "I see what you're trying to do," but you weren't doing it well. If you want to be a doucebag, than I'll be honest: your writing sucks and if it took you 34 minutes to write whatever the hell that is than you have miles to go.

Learn to take criticism while it's nice.
(01-21-2012, 06:53 AM)Laugh Wrote: Yeah, I've read manga before. I've read it enough to know a captivating introduction. Yours was dull and boring. It was not mysterious, it came off like an 8 year old wrote it.

Like I clearly said, "I see what you're trying to do," but you weren't doing it well. If you want to be a doucebag, than I'll be honest: your writing sucks and if it took you 34 minutes to write whatever the hell that is than you have miles to go.

Learn to take criticism while it's nice.

This is the first time I have wrote anything, I lack of creativity like A LOT.
I know this sucks, I posted it for reviews of what I could do better or how is my writing style. I didn't ask if I have a good intro, it's just a test story.

I can take criticism, I have been a designer most of my life, before you judge somebody get to know him, scumbag.
Your reply to my original comment was extremely and unnecessarily condescending.
(01-21-2012, 08:21 AM)Laugh Wrote: Your reply to my original comment was extremely and unnecessarily condescending.

Sorry, but considering I am an avid fan of Japan, I think I know more than you how that style of a story should be started and carried on.

Go read some manga fan fictions.
Yes, whatever. You know the style better? So what? You didn't even come close to achieving what that style does. So that is where my suggestions came from, stop telling me to "go read mangas" when I've already stated I have.

Knowing the style != reproducing the style.
(01-21-2012, 09:34 AM)Laugh Wrote: Yes, whatever. You know the style better? So what? You didn't even come close to achieving what that style does. So that is where my suggestions came from, stop telling me to "go read mangas" when I've already stated I have.

Knowing the style != reproducing the style.

This is how manga fan fictions are written, it's like a tradition. I know what style am I doing. If you are mad that the sports you play sucks, don't take it out on my thread. I would be happy if you would not respond here anymore.
(01-21-2012, 07:15 PM)NekoChan Wrote: This is how manga fan fictions are written, it's like a tradition. I know what style am I doing. If you are mad that the sports you play sucks, don't take it out on my thread. I would be happy if you would not respond here anymore.

Are you kidding me? How is that thread even relevant? Sad excuse for a human we have here...I'm taking a break from SF.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Writing Prompt: On An Island Eternal. 2 1,072 10-15-2016, 03:18 AM
Last Post: thomasf2220
  Writing stories in english Bat Wang 4 1,560 07-27-2015, 11:00 PM
Last Post: Antojose01
  writing a book mamba11111 5 1,321 07-27-2015, 10:58 PM
Last Post: Antojose01
  Creative writing class? Herbal 5 1,684 11-05-2013, 03:28 AM
Last Post: ElizabethLopez
  Descriptive Writing CoughSyrup 3 1,137 03-13-2013, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Dubai