Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think We're Soft?
So I've heard a lot of talk about Britain being none-violent and a load of posh people who sit down and drink tea together. To be clear, this is just a stereo-type. A lot of bad things go down in the UK, it's nothing to be proud of, I just want to clear a few things up. There's slums in the UK, some of the worst, most violent slums in the world. London is the murder capital of Europe, and it's getting progressively worse. We're not all people who sit around a table who speak the Queens English and drink tea while laughing and just talking the days out, a lot goes on down here. You may be thinking that I'm just talking shizz, so to prove it, here's a film you can all watch which is based on a true story. Before continuing I must warn you that this is obviously an 18+ video only. It's called Rise Of The Footsoldiers, and is based around the infamous "Essex Boys Murders".

Trailer:

Where To Watch The Film:
http://www.alluc.org/movies/watch-rise-o...29526.html

Other Films To Watch:
  • Essex Boys
  • Lock, Stock and Two Smocking Barrels
  • Harry Brown
  • This Is England
  • Kidulthood
  • Adulthood

Sorry if I missed any films out, but these were the one's that came to mind, all of which are brilliant films that portray the UK exactly how it is, unfortunately.
Add 'This is England' to the list, lol.
Then why not also post movies such as "Football Factory"

Do not mention Green street, they were both stupid.

I've just seen the latest "This is England" they were pretty damn good.
(01-19-2012, 04:22 PM)King Wrote: Add 'This is England' to the list, lol.

(01-19-2012, 04:24 PM)Sam Wrote: Then why not also post movies such as "Football Factory"

Do not mention Green street, they were both stupid.

I've just seen the latest "This is England" they were pretty damn good.

I've never seen either of the Green Streets, I've heard a lot of good things about the films though. I'll add in This Is England now, I can't believe I forgot about that film. Omg
You've seen "The Football Factory" I assume? It's about the Chelsea football firm. - Really good film, I'd say that and "The Firm" are the best films about Footbal hooliganism.

(Both UK films)
Just so you know, Glasgow is actually the murder capital of Europe. It has 10x more knife crime than London.

But yeh It's quite funny seeing the stereotypes of England. Specifically from Americans, but you can't blame them. The majority of Americans don't even own passports, so their only way of seeing what England is like, is by watching TV.
Harry Brown and Kidulthood are probably the most realistic out of that list. I haven't seen Rise Of The Footsoldiers yet (been meaning to watch it for ages now).

Have any of you seen Purely Belter? It's an old film based in Newcastle, about a couple of lads who try to raise money to buy season tickets for Newcastle United. It's not incredibly violent but it's very funny and well worth watching.
(01-19-2012, 04:29 PM)Sam Wrote: You've seen "The Football Factory" I assume? It's about the Chelsea football firm. - Really good film, I'd say that and "The Firm" are the best films about Footbal hooliganism.

(Both UK films)

Cass is also a great film.
How did I forget about Harry Brown and Kidulthood/Adulthood lol... Damn I agree in some ways those films represent what England is like.

I've never seen the film you mentioned Frag but I'll check it out.
(01-19-2012, 04:29 PM)Sam Wrote: You've seen "The Football Factory" I assume? It's about the Chelsea football firm. - Really good film, I'd say that and "The Firm" are the best films about Footbal hooliganism.

(Both UK films)

Never seen either of them.

(01-19-2012, 04:30 PM)Fragma Wrote: Just so you know, Glasgow is actually the murder capital of Europe. It has 10x more knife crime than London.

It never used to be, those damn kilts need to be put under control... (Here I go with the stereo-types)

(01-19-2012, 04:30 PM)Fragma Wrote: Harry Brown and Kidulthood are probably the most realistic out of that list. I haven't seen Rise Of The Footsoldiers yet (been meaning to watch it for ages now).

Watch it, trust me. It's a brilliant film. Harry Brown was immense too, I would've never in a million years guessed that ending, it shocked me. Kidulthood I can watch constantly, if I wanted to I could watch it day in, day out, I love that film.

(01-19-2012, 04:30 PM)Fragma Wrote: Have any of you seen Purely Belter? It's an old film based in Newcastle, about a couple of lads who try to raise money to buy season tickets for Newcastle United. It's not incredibly violent but it's very funny and well worth watching.

Nope haven't seen it, I will when I get the chance.

(01-19-2012, 04:30 PM)Fragma Wrote: Cass is also a great film.

Never seen that either.
Glasgow's been the murder capital of Europe for years and years now BreShie lol.
(01-19-2012, 04:43 PM)Fragma Wrote: Glasgow's been the murder capital of Europe for years and years now BreShie lol.

Really? I thought it was only these past 3 years where it got worse? I know it is starting to get really bad up there, probably because they all can't understand each-other. Roflmao