Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MyBB 2.0 Official Mascot and New logo
[Image: mybbnewmascot2012.png]
I think they should have missed out the bulge.

[Image: mybbnewlogo2012300x180.jpg]
The speech bubbles kinda look like chesnuts, they should have made them more of an oval shape.

Mybb.com Wrote:During the planning stages, the MyBB team heavily debated on what would best represent MyBB. After numerous ideas, we finally decided on an astronaut, because we feel it best demonstrates the following attributes of our forum software: strength, power, friendliness and dominance.

However, the astronaut is currently unnamed; but you can help change that. We will be announcing a naming competition soon, so stay tuned for the details.

Is it a bird? Is it a pig? No! It’s the MyBB logo! It’s great that our users always find new ways of describing our speech bubbles logo but it’s getting quite old and the team decided, along with our new mascot, we needed a new logo too.

We’ll be using the new mascot and logo across MyBB when we launch 2.0, but we just couldn’t wait to introduce them to you!

Lastly, none of this would have been possible without the talented work of Mike Creuzer (if you’re interested in his services you can find him over at Audentio Design). We’ve been extremely honored to work along side him the past few months to bring you these new and exciting assets to MyBB.

Personally I can't wait for the 2.0 launch!
[Image: image.php]
Wtf did they pick an astronaut for. Some things just don't make sense.
(01-19-2012, 03:17 AM)King Wrote: Wtf did they pick an astronaut for. Some things just don't make sense.

Because MyBB 2.0 is gonna be out of this world!
[Image: image.php]
(01-19-2012, 03:17 AM)King Wrote: Wtf did they pick an astronaut for. Some things just don't make sense.

Out of this world forum software hahah Roflmao

Superman Can't wait to see what's available in 2.0. I think the logo looks nice, but why the little icon on the left, they look like acorns.

Edit:
(01-19-2012, 03:20 AM)TalishHF Wrote: Because MyBB 2.0 is gonna be out of this world!

You stole my idea before I pressed submit and even seen you replied lol
It's a nice logo, but the astronaut is just stupid. It's too big as well.
(01-19-2012, 03:21 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: Out of this world forum software hahah Roflmao

Superman Can't wait to see what's available in 2.0. I think the logo looks nice, but why the little icon on the left, they look like acorns.

Edit:
(01-19-2012, 03:20 AM)TalishHF Wrote: Because MyBB 2.0 is gonna be out of this world!
You stole my idea before I pressed submit and even seen you replied lol

Hahaha I beat you to it! So predictable hehe, but yeah is there any sneek peaks on 2.0? Would love to see what new features it has.
(01-19-2012, 03:22 AM)King Wrote: It's a nice logo, but the astronaut is just stupid. It's too big as well.

Too big? Smile It's going to be different sizes depending on where they place this to advertise themselves lol. No rules that state you can't have different sized images of this mascot when you're using the image somewhere. (I know you just want to hate on that Astronaut haha)

(01-19-2012, 03:26 AM)TalishHF Wrote: Hahaha I beat you to it! So predictable hehe, but yeah is there any sneek peaks on 2.0? Would love to see what new features it has.

Any sneak peaks will all be available on Mybb.com if any.
Well, apart from the astro-nut combination, I'm quite looking forward to the next big release of MyBB. Smile
Lol. That astronaut looks awful. Looks like something out of Cartoon Network..
As for the logo... Well.. It's been said.
(01-19-2012, 03:38 AM)BlackChaos Wrote: Well, apart from the astro-nut combination, I'm quite looking forward to the next big release of MyBB. Smile

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official Cute Girl Thread !!! Resistance 124 54,110 10-26-2012, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Resistance
  My official review on KFC Treblez 9 1,530 01-09-2010, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Grizzly
  The official egg clicking topic! Headshot 13 1,549 10-18-2009, 07:10 AM
Last Post: Headshot