Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
New iMac
Looks okay i guess, 27inch LCD, pffft
I'm getting a massive full HD plasma/LCD to use as a monitor, will be much bigger than 27inch.
Can't wait, have to get a new desk for it also.

It won't be too long before Apple releases their own 'huge' monitors / LCD TVs - They pretty much have the whole LCD thing down-packed (Have you seen their iMac screens- They're beautiful!) and with Apple starting to clear out their Apple TVs (lower price & free shipping) they have either realized that everyone is just using Mac minis and throwing Boxee on them or they have something new up their shiny white sleeves.
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies
I have a early 2008 24" iMac. 27" seems too big, and 22" seems too small. I'm fairly happy with what I have already. What I did notice is the issues going around with the system playing Adobe Flash really slow and choppy. Possibly a video driver issue, I'm hoping they fix it soon.
27" is not too big, maybe your sitting to close to it? get wireless keyboard/mouse and kick back on the couch, working from a coffee table. That's what i plan to do when i get my new giant monitor.

the mouse is crazy
(11-03-2009, 05:41 PM)Agent Wrote: 27" is not too big, maybe your sitting to close to it? get wireless keyboard/mouse and kick back on the couch, working from a coffee table. That's what i plan to do when i get my new giant monitor.

Keep in mind the new iMac wasn't actually made for that, and 27" is fairly big if you're sitting two feet away from it.

I think i may well have to purchase one of these.
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
Yeah it is all pretty epic.

The biggest thing that I think no one is covering is the fact it takes up to 16GB of DDR3 ram you could edit blue ray movies with that. And with up to 2TB hard disk you could store your movies.
Those are very Mac Pro-ish specs!

It looks amazing. Nice and sleek.

I have one of the older iMac models, but it still looks good.
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the "lower animals" (so called) and contrasting them with the traits and dispositions of man. I find the result humiliating to me.
--Mark Twain

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  iMac heat problems Shinkirou 12 8,704 10-11-2010, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Houng
  Help with my iMac brianritson 6 1,229 06-28-2010, 10:56 AM
Last Post: xTiNgUiSh
  iMac?? iLegendary 7 1,323 12-06-2009, 09:29 AM
Last Post: iLegendary