Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Host Name To IP
I just made this program out of boredom to test a few themes that I got, the one it's using right now is the one I decided to stick with. Let me know what you think!

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?fbxleya9k33liqc

Preview:
[Image: C0CeE.png]

Virus Scan: I'm no longer going to post virus scans, you guys should know two things. 1) How easy it is to fake a scan. 2) How legit I am.

Let me clear a few things up, this post wasn't created for the program itself, but the theme I used. I want some views on the THEME itself, not what I should and shouldn't do with the program.
(01-17-2012, 12:59 PM)BreShiE Wrote: Virus Scan: I'm no longer going to post virus scans, you guys should know two things. 1) How easy it is to fake a scan. 2) How legit I am.

You're very wrong BreSHie, it's not easy to fake a scan if someone knows what they are doing when using the scan and as long as the link to the scan is provided and not an image.

I still post scans on my own forum, and i'm the admin there, how more "legit" could I be viewed there? But I do it to get others in the habit of providing virus scans.
(01-17-2012, 04:26 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: You're very wrong BreSHie, it's not easy to fake a scan if someone knows what they are doing when using the scan and as long as the link to the scan is provided and not an image.

I still post scans on my own forum, and i'm the admin there, how more "legit" could I be viewed there? But I do it to get others in the habit of providing virus scans.

The way I see it, is if they really want to try this out, they wont mind taking 5 seconds out of there time to do a scan themselves.
(01-17-2012, 04:30 PM)BreShiE Wrote: The way I see it, is if they really want to try this out, they wont mind taking 5 seconds out of there time to do a scan themselves.

It's a really simple app though BreSHie, save the users time to do that. See if you provided the scan, and it had any false positives, then you could take the time to elaborate maybe on why that result came up, whereas if someone downloads this and see's one, you're automatically flagged as suspicious.
I also agree with AceInfinity. I think you should post a virus scan, because it makes you more legit.
(01-19-2012, 05:23 AM)Strafeness Wrote: I also agree with AceInfinity. I think you should post a virus scan, because it makes you more legit.

If you can't even be bothered to scan a file before using it, then don't bother downloading. Simple as that.
Ok, we will all listen to you. No one will bother downloading or running your mediocre program. And you will never improve. Stop being an arrogant ass.
(01-19-2012, 08:58 AM)Laugh Wrote: Ok, we will all listen to you. No one will bother downloading or running your mediocre program. And you will never improve. Stop being an arrogant ass.

You're one to talk, but hey, let's not get into that again.
To be honest I rarely post virus scans unless it's a program that I've spent a long time working on.. Too much effort and I'm extremely lazy. Then again, I don't really release programs unless its something I've spent ages on.

Ace, although I agree that virus scans should be posted, you've kind of set off a line of dominoes in regards to all replies after your post lol. The topic is no longer about BreShie's program, and is about the fact that he didn't post a virus scan..
Let's just keep the thread on-topic guys. If you don't trust BreShie then don't download it.
(01-19-2012, 05:15 PM)BreShiE Wrote: You're one to talk, but hey, let's not get into that again.

I'm not a programmer nor have I ever claimed to be.