Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wikipedia will black out in 23 hours!
Because of the SOPA and PIPA Wikipedia will black out in 23 hours to protest against it.

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Engl...A_blackout
My profession, you can call me a pothead, 'nuff said
Good work mayne, keep spreading... Let's make it a Global Protest against the stupidity of US Law...
Everyone share in anyway you can....
How will this affect the voting of the SOPA Bill.
Can anyone care to explain, so I can understand?
I hope this helps man I'm tired of all this crap they're pulling Confused
(01-17-2012, 12:34 AM)desugrace Wrote: How will this affect the voting of the SOPA Bill.
Can anyone care to explain, so I can understand?

It will let more people know about it. The more people who know, the more people who complain. The more people who complain, the more Senators gets scared. The more Senators that get scared, they will vote against SOPA so they can get re-elected.
I've heard of this occurring and I see it as a positive. Does anyone know if SOPA is likely to get passed or not? I'm a non American but the effects would be global from what I've heard.
Yeah honestly I don't see how this will affect it either!
(01-17-2012, 07:00 PM)Sayo Wrote: Yeah honestly I don't see how this will affect it either!

Laugh explained it pretty well.
Surprisingly, there are still people who have never heard of SOPA. If they temporarily shut down popular websites to raise awareness, people will hear about it. It also helps people realize how much SOPA will change the internet as we know it.
F*ck you SOPA. I loved Wikipedia. Sad
And it's blacked out. Big Grin Hopefully the senate will listen.
[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I need help..within 24 hours..please.. Vital Signs 5 487 03-29-2012, 11:03 PM
Last Post: Kewlz