Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ATI RADEON x300 on Ubuntu 9.10
Hey guys I searched around for this for a while, but couldn't find a solution. The driver is supported on the ATI driver site under the Linux section, but when I download it, it comes out as a .run file. I have no idea how to install it. If I double click the .run file I get an error. Any pro Linux users know how to install the driver? Thanks~
[Image: 29ol3br.png]
Follow the procedure below to install software packaged in a .run file:

Find the .run file in the File Browser
Right-click the file and select Properties
Under the Permissions tab, make sure that Allow executing file as program is ticked and press Close
Double-click the .run file to open it. A dialog box should appear
Press Run in Terminal to run the installer
A Terminal window will open. Follow any instructions on-screen to install the program
Note: Once you have started the installer, it may take a while to display an installation screen. This is normally due to the installer extracting all of the files from the .run file ready for use.

Copy/pasted off of the Ubuntu forums.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

(11-02-2009, 02:50 PM)MreGSX Wrote: Follow the procedure below to install software packaged in a .run file:

Find the .run file in the File Browser
Right-click the file and select Properties
Under the Permissions tab, make sure that Allow executing file as program is ticked and press Close
Double-click the .run file to open it. A dialog box should appear
Press Run in Terminal to run the installer
A Terminal window will open. Follow any instructions on-screen to install the program
Note: Once you have started the installer, it may take a while to display an installation screen. This is normally due to the installer extracting all of the files from the .run file ready for use.

Copy/pasted off of the Ubuntu forums.

Can you post the link here because I am super new to linux :p
https://help.ubuntu.com/8.04/add-applica...-file.html

There ya go, not sure how much more helpful it will be.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

(11-02-2009, 02:59 PM)MreGSX Wrote: https://help.ubuntu.com/8.04/add-applica...-file.html

There ya go, not sure how much more helpful it will be.

Damn, I thought it was a forum discussion :\
I'll try this later, thanks
Well instead of just saying 'I'll try this later' maybe tell us what's happening? Tongue
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies
(11-11-2009, 01:47 AM)iintens Wrote: Well instead of just saying 'I'll try this later' maybe tell us what's happening? Tongue

Well instead of bumping a thread that's dead, maybe try it yourself if you have an ATI RADEON x300.
(11-11-2009, 02:40 PM)n4q Wrote: Well instead of bumping a thread that's dead, maybe try it yourself if you have an ATI RADEON x300.

Well sorry for trying to help?
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Get Ubuntu 11.04 >>Upgrade from Ubuntu 10.10 aminmusa 15 7,065 04-25-2011, 02:06 AM
Last Post: aminmusa
  [ubuntu v=9.10]Apache2 errors[/ubuntu] jfmherokiller 10 3,678 11-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Last Post: haphazard
  Tutorial: Installing Ubuntu/Basics of Ubuntu Canoris 16 9,202 05-31-2010, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Natha
  Compiz and ATI with Ubuntu 9.10 Canoris 3 952 12-20-2009, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Canoris